Farewell Miss Button

deb_l222

Visit site
Despite doing a marvelous impression of a dog that was going to live forever, there had to come a time when it all had to end. Nothing specific happened, just very old age and a steadily diminishing appetite. I had posted on here that she had gone off her regular food, so we had a couple of weeks eating mince, chicken, cat food, boiled ham and all sorts of other tinned foods but even that good run came to an end and after two days of her refusing mince and cat food, it was time to call it a day :(

As I said to my vet, Button lived her best life every day. She was ALWAYS happy. Never, ever a cross word to another dog or a human, she was an example to us all.

Button was surrendered to rescue at 8 years old to make way for a new puppy - yep that really does happen!! They also used the excuse that she was incontinent and could no longer cope. To be fair she was spay incontinent and it took a while to sort out a perfect medication dose for her but she was eventually dry. In fairness, rescue could have re-homed her a million times over. A bitch with no issues is the great nirvana when it comes to what people generally want from a rescue dog but I took one look at the e-mailed pictures from her previous owners and made sure I got first dibs on her, just because she looked like Rufus and I like a bit of matchy matchy!!

She was a bit of a nuisance in the early days and would bog off and leave me wandering the woods for hours. As it turns out, she wasn't bogging off at all. She would find something tasty to eat, dead pheasant, rabbit etc and just stay with it, completely ignoring me!! I would then think she had gone miles, when all the time she was almost under my feet. She spent a lot of time on her lead :)

Her claim to fame was she won every single 'prettiest bitch' competition she every entered, she loved playing 'dress up' in coats and doggy jumpers and she had the most nicknames of any of my dogs (by a mile). I have no idea why she had so many, they just seemed to roll off the tongue with her. Beaky, Bea, Beakerton, Miss Pinkerton, Miss Millington, Smelly Mellie to name but a few.

Losing her so close to losing Rufus is hard but I always knew they wouldn't be far apart. Farewell Miss Button 28/08/2004 - 19/02/2021

vodlUNi.jpg

SuFGknY.jpg

R2I1uTn.jpg

Bellasophia

Visit site
It’s very sad when you lose a good heart,but you did her proud.Ive enjoyed your posts ,as your pack were so photogenic ,they never disappointed.

i hope you have the energy to recoup in fast time..I say this since I lost two beautiful girls in close time,but have been very comforted by my current two( now 8 and six)....when our own lives are compromised by this rotten pandemic and our own reevaluation of life ahead is a bit clouded ,the best thing is to keep new life ongoing in the house. This can include an older rescue,Im not talking puppy fix,but just keeping the family home alive.
All the best Deb.

deb_l222

Visit site
It’s very sad when you lose a good heart,but you did her proud.Ive enjoyed your posts ,as your pack were so photogenic ,they never disappointed.

i hope you have the energy to recoup in fast time..I say this since I lost two beautiful girls in close time,but have been very comforted by my current two( now 8 and six)....when our own lives are compromised by this rotten pandemic and our own reevaluation of life ahead is a bit clouded ,the best thing is to keep new life ongoing in the house. This can include an older rescue,Im not talking puppy fix,but just keeping the family home alive.
All the best Deb.

I will definitely have another to keep Willow company. For want of a better word, she's been depressed since Button died. I'm not sure dogs can suffer depression in the same way humans can but she's certainly not her usual self but it's not surprising given that she's lost both her mates in the space of a few weeks. I'm sure another one will turn up at some point :)

fankino04

Visit site
I'm not surprised she won prettiest bitch ? so sorry your time together came to an end but she certainly seemed like she had a great life with you and made it to a good old age.

misst

Visit site
Oh wow she was beautiful and I love her name!
I know you will miss her but she was obviously well loved and brought you a lot of joy <3
Run free and eat well little miss Button. x

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Despite doing a marvelous impression of a dog that was going to live forever, there had to come a time when it all had to end. Nothing specific happened, just very old age and a steadily diminishing appetite. I had posted on here that she had gone off her regular food, so we had a couple of weeks eating mince, chicken, cat food, boiled ham and all sorts of other tinned foods but even that good run came to an end and after two days of her refusing mince and cat food, it was time to call it a day :(

As I said to my vet, Button lived her best life every day. She was ALWAYS happy. Never, ever a cross word to another dog or a human, she was an example to us all.

Button was surrendered to rescue at 8 years old to make way for a new puppy - yep that really does happen!! They also used the excuse that she was incontinent and could no longer cope. To be fair she was spay incontinent and it took a while to sort out a perfect medication dose for her but she was eventually dry. In fairness, rescue could have re-homed her a million times over. A bitch with no issues is the great nirvana when it comes to what people generally want from a rescue dog but I took one look at the e-mailed pictures from her previous owners and made sure I got first dibs on her, just because she looked like Rufus and I like a bit of matchy matchy!!

She was a bit of a nuisance in the early days and would bog off and leave me wandering the woods for hours. As it turns out, she wasn't bogging off at all. She would find something tasty to eat, dead pheasant, rabbit etc and just stay with it, completely ignoring me!! I would then think she had gone miles, when all the time she was almost under my feet. She spent a lot of time on her lead :)

Her claim to fame was she won every single 'prettiest bitch' competition she every entered, she loved playing 'dress up' in coats and doggy jumpers and she had the most nicknames of any of my dogs (by a mile). I have no idea why she had so many, they just seemed to roll off the tongue with her. Beaky, Bea, Beakerton, Miss Pinkerton, Miss Millington, Smelly Mellie to name but a few.

Losing her so close to losing Rufus is hard but I always knew they wouldn't be far apart. Farewell Miss Button 28/08/2004 - 19/02/2021

vodlUNi.jpg

SuFGknY.jpg

R2I1uTn.jpg
I hate goodbyes, none more so than the last one - Sleep well beautiful girl xxx

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
A sentence I don't think I've ever said before, I'm so glad the owner she had before you turned out to be ageist nitwits. I'm sure she had a longer, and happier life with you.

I'm so sorry for your loss, {{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}
R.I.P. Button.