Farm cat thread

blood_magik

Visit site
Cat's protection often have ex feral cats looking for farm homes.

Second this.
Drop your local branch a message. I only had to wait a couple of weeks. That said, the photos they sent me asking I was interested weren’t exactly the best - poor Miss Hiss looked like an angry shoe brush in hers 🙈

IMG_0909.jpeg

This is her now ☺️

IMG_0789.jpeg

HopOnTrot

Visit site
We rehomed a cat and turned him feral 🤣

I was having no luck with charities so put a wanted add on Preloved. A lady got in touch, her cat had lost his tail in a RTA and was scared to go out of their urban home. Popped to see him and he was very sweet, she was insistent I took him that day…

Turns out he is a bitey little sod but he has taken to being a country cat, he is only allowed in the utility room and spends a lot of time asleep in the hay barn, mouse population has been reduced and he’s only bitten a few people.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Serious cat hunt on. Despite old Bob not actually ever catching a live creature in his life his mere presence had an effect. The rats and mice in the hen shed have gone crazy in a week..running over feet and getting very bold!

Amazing, but in a bad way, that it went that fast, and that they so quickly got so bold. Hope you find a replacement soon, and fingers crossed for that he/she/they stays.

Equi

Visit site
Amazing, but in a bad way, that it went that fast, and that they so quickly got so bold. Hope you find a replacement soon, and fingers crossed for that he/she/they stays.
They’re clever little blighters. Bob always followed us everywhere so if we were there he was there, they know he isn’t there now! Apparently it’s going to be a really bad winter for rats and mice cause the weather has been so funky.

Equi

Visit site
Thanks to the courage I got from you lovely people I contacted the cats protection and have promptly been paired with two little ladies 🥰 they are in for their spay today and are approx 1-2 but have lived a social life while also being allowed to roam and get pregnant. So cats protection thought they would be perfect. I was completely honest with them about my set up and the farm next door etc so they are aware.

I’ll get some photos when I pick them up on Friday.

Equi

Visit site
Meet Rosie (tabby) and Willow. Lovely little girls. Rosie has ants in her pants and wants out but she is very confident and friendly. She’s pulled her stitches so she needs some cleaning etc so it’s good she’s friendly

Willow is a little more reserved and timid however not afraid of touch and I don’t think it will take long for her to start coming for scratches.

They are bonded and clearly like each other which is also a bonus for company etc. IMG_6429.jpegIMG_6434.jpegIMG_6438.jpegIMG_6448.jpegIMG_6453.jpegIMG_6455.jpeg

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
Meet Rosie (tabby) and Willow. Lovely little girls. Rosie has ants in her pants and wants out but she is very confident and friendly. She’s pulled her stitches so she needs some cleaning etc so it’s good she’s friendly

Willow is a little more reserved and timid however not afraid of touch and I don’t think it will take long for her to start coming for scratches.

They are bonded and clearly like each other which is also a bonus for company etc. View attachment 146839View attachment 146840View attachment 146841View attachment 146842View attachment 146843View attachment 146844
Gorgeous girls! Wishing them long and happy lives with you 😊

blood_magik

Visit site
They’re getting sooo big already 🥹

First day of (relative) freedom in the hay shed for the danger twins…

Oreo quite happily hopped up on my knee for his treat earlier and seems to be enjoying the scratches now. Smokey not so much - I’m lucky if I get a nose boop from him but at least he’s not actively running away from me 😅

image0.jpegimage1.jpeg

Dust Bunny

Visit site

Oreo quite happily hopped up on my knee for his treat earlier and seems to be enjoying the scratches now. Smokey not so much - I’m lucky if I get a nose boop from him but at least he’s not actively running away from me 😅

View attachment 147576View attachment 147575
Beautiful cats. I miss mine so much. He passed away last year and I can't find the courage to replace him. He's still so 'here'

kathantoinette

Visit site
696EBCAC-828B-407D-B8B8-CA687B8D658E.jpeg
Got this little sweetie today! Feral kitten from a farm I work at (who really don’t want feral cats due to food production on site) who was found in a fuel bund soaking wet.
We were looking for a new cat for out farm having lost our 17 year old a few months ago! I guess this one just found us!
Currently in the house in a dog crate, eating but a bit scared. So fingers crossed she continues in the right direction 😍

Equi

Visit site
The girls have settled in very well. Both very friendly and come for cuddles. Rosie (tabby) is a bit shyer and takes a little more time but willow is jumping up to greet me as soon as I go in. Spay wounds are nearly healed and the swollows have fledged so they can soon be moved to the whole stable block securely and that will give them a bit more room to acclimate to. They just have the most beautiful eyes but it’s a shame they had their ears cut, they are not (and never were) feral so it seems a bit ott. IMG_6545.jpegIMG_6560.jpegIMG_6493.jpegIMG_6477.jpegIMG_6462.jpeg

Asha

Visit site
I’ve been trying to get photos of ours , but it’s not easy . The girls are still very shy. We have Vera who is black with four beautiful white paws and a white chest and little Dibley who is pure black . They are getting better , but still hide when they see us . But are definitely getting a little braver. They will now wait and hide under a wheelbarrow until we leave the barn and then go and eat .
Reggie is doing a great job with them and trying to bring them out of there shells .

Here’s Reggie surveying is pad, he lost his brother Ronnie (was killed by neighbours dog )

Attachments

• IMG_8573.png
    IMG_8573.png
    951.8 KB · Views: 10

Rumtytum

Visit site

View attachment 147576View attachment 147575
Oreo has beautiful markings! (Smokey is gorgeous too😊)

Rumtytum

Visit site
I’ve been trying to get photos of ours , but it’s not easy . The girls are still very shy. We have Vera who is black with four beautiful white paws and a white chest and little Dibley who is pure black . They are getting better , but still hide when they see us . But are definitely getting a little braver. They will now wait and hide under a wheelbarrow until we leave the barn and then go and eat .
Reggie is doing a great job with them and trying to bring them out of there shells .

Here’s Reggie surveying is pad, he lost his brother Ronnie (was killed by neighbours dog )
Reggie has The Look, handsome boy!
Am sure Vera and Dibley will be making their mark very soon 😃

Rumtytum

Visit site
Sadly, one of the older boys was hit by a car on Wednesday morning and killed.

A kind lady picked him up off the road and brought him home, and I’ve buried him next to the memorial trees for the various animals we’ve lost over the years.

Sleep tight, Tenn…

View attachment 147778
Am so sorry bm, RIP Tenn you lovely boy 💔

Equi

Visit site
The girls got out today (on purpose) they hung about for a bit and came to call then went and did their own thing. Willow has been spotted mooching about the bushes and I’ll go out again later and see if they will come in for the night but who knows if I’ll see them again :(

🤞🏻

ETA they both came back to call and got lots of dreamies and snuggles and put away for the night ❤️ long may it continue lol

Last edited:

Equi

Visit site
Calling the kitties this evening and Rosie cat came immediately but no Willow cat. I went and fed the ponies figuring I’ll try again later but called kittykitty as I was walking back to the house. I hear a meow coming from above me…Willow cat is on the roof 😳

I grabbed a long fence plank and propped it up on my shoulder, she runs down it and to the ground and bounces around like this was great fun! Absolutely no idea how she got on the roof 😂 (pictured roof)IMG_6825.jpeg