Farrier/ barefoot trimmer recommendations - Tameside/Saddleworth

lewis2015

Visit site
Hi all

I need some help finding a barefoot trimmer/ farrier willing to do my barefoot mare in Heyrod, Stalybridge area.

My current farrier who shoes my gelding is old and has shown little interest in rasping/ trimming my new mare's hooves when I've asked him to do them. He just says they don't need doing but they do!

I had Paul Jackson out 6 weeks ago who was very good but is now not responding to my messages so I'll assume it's too far for him to come.

I emailed Karen Beaumont but she doesn't do my area. Also messaged 'Barefrills' on FB on a recommendation but no reply there either :/

My mare is a 16 yr old TB and was beautifully behaved last time; she actually went to sleep! So won't be a problem for anyone.

Getting a bit worried about finding someone!

Any help much appreciated! Thanks

Last edited:

JillA

Visit site
I was asking Paul Jackson because he is both farrier and trimmer - he covers a huge area so does certain days in certain locations. He might have been on holiday?

lewis2015

Visit site
Thanks for replies - anyone else know of anyone? I think it must be because I work full time as a teacher and I can't book days off to be there for the farrier. I can only do weekends or afternoons from 4.30 onwards. I try to time it around school holidays but doesn't always work out timing wise :(

fishy

Visit site
I have a lovely Trimmer who comes to Ashton/Oldham. Her name is Terrin if you haven't found someone let me know and I'll pm you her number.

lewis2015

Visit site
I have a lovely Trimmer who comes to Ashton/Oldham. Her name is Terrin if you haven't found someone let me know and I'll pm you her number.

Hi Fishy - thanks, that's who I ended up using anyway! She was great :) She runs the 'barefrills' fb page so found her through that :)