Farrier prices??

Starzaan

Visit site
Just to add to my above post, I’m in Hampshire, and my farrier is about as qualified as it’s possible to be. He’s absolutely wonderful, and within one shoeing he took my old boy from doddery and possibly needing a bute trial, to totally sound. That sealed the deal for me!

chocolategirl

Visit site
Hi everyone,

What are you all paying your farriers for shoes/trims??

I have finally found a farrier that replies, they charge £25 for a trim which is more expensive that the others I have tried but he replies!

I haven't recently got a new pony who has front shoes on, she needs them sorting and a trim all round I presume he has said £55 for this??

Seems a little steep to me I remember when trims were £15 and fronts were max £40? But I know things change so just wondered what you all pay 🙂
I pay £82 for a new set, extra if I want stud holes, and £26 for a trim. Been with my farrier for about 25 years, I know I can get it quite a bit cheaper, but I’m happy with his work, and I’m a very loyal customer.

tda

Visit site
£25 Per trim, he usually does 4/5 each time, haven't had anything shod for a while but I think last time it was £45 for fronts only.

ed&arch

Visit site
I just found a new farrier (Cheshire) - stupidly didn’t ask for prices before getting them out..

£80 for a Shetland trim and pony trim:eek:

Won’t be rebooking with them anytime soon

abbijay

Visit site
I just found a new farrier (Cheshire) - stupidly didn’t ask for prices before getting them out..

£80 for a Shetland trim and pony trim:eek:

Won’t be rebooking with them anytime soon
I pay £40 for a trim in Cheshire but they're Clydesdale feet not a Shetland :D possibly better behaved than the average shetty though ;)
And thinking about it I did get a freebie in the run up to Christmas. There might have been a case of beer for the lads and a bottle of VERY good champagne for my farrier and his wife (she liveries my other horse). That was a first in 12 years of horses though!

Birker2020

Visit site
Hi everyone,

What are you all paying your farriers for shoes/trims??

I have finally found a farrier that replies, they charge £25 for a trim which is more expensive that the others I have tried but he replies!

I haven't recently got a new pony who has front shoes on, she needs them sorting and a trim all round I presume he has said £55 for this??

Seems a little steep to me I remember when trims were £15 and fronts were max £40? But I know things change so just wondered what you all pay 🙂
£90 for full set shoes and road nails

Pippity

Visit site
Mine hasn't charged me anything for the past three visits, despite my best attempts to give him some money.

(He's just rasped a couple of rough edges each time, not even a proper trim, and he's been seeing a few other horses on the yard in the same visit.)

lynz88

Visit site
I'm in Surrey and pay £25 for a trim. When I had wedges and bar shoes (+ road nails as mine would slip and slide and became very nervous on the slightest grade), I paid £130

Visit site
£100 for full set with copper nails, £50 for fronts, £30 for a trim. I am in Lincolnshire. The price has just increased from £90 for a set but he is a very good farrier and has improved my horses feet a lot so I am happy to pay it.