Farrier prices

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I’m never entirely sure!
I have the same done every 5 weeks. A full new (not refits) set and 3 trims. The price varies by a fair bit each time ?
Bit of a pita because some times I need to budget but he’s good, always on time, never lets me down and my horses are all doing well so I just suck it up, also I think the prices are acceptable even at the higher price.
I think last time was £160.

Pippity

Visit site
I don't have Blue shod at the moment, but my farrier has just put the price for a trim up from £25 to £30. I'm fine with it - his own costs have shot up, and the fact that he always comes on a weekend saves me taking time off work (unpaid) or arranging for someone else to hold her.

sunnyone

Visit site
Normal price for a trim is 50 euros in my part of SW France, but my farrier only charges me 35 per horse as his grannie lives next door to the field. She asked me to use him as soon as he qualified. He can come at an odd time of day and do his family duty immediately before or after the trims. I'd happily pay him more as he's never put the price to me up in seven years!

Backtoblack

Visit site
because of unafordabilityi have gone barefoot with mine and use scoot boots when necessary. a trim is £30 from the farrier every 12 to 14 weeks as he selfs trims and i just like the fasrrier out the check on things mostly its just a rasp round thats needed.the boots, all round cost £280ish ive had them 2 years and still going strong i expect to last a good while yet. far cheaper than horseshoes and better for the horse .

Visit site
My husband is a farrier, in 2020 a bottle of gas was £32, now it is £64. The price of fuel has shot up. The price of steel, nails, tools have all seen a rise (easily more than 10% on some items), the cost of the chiropractor has gone up, his annual registration has gone up and insurance fee's. I could go on and on - sadly it is a reflection of the times.

He is reliable, in the main - on time to his clients, he will go out on a Sunday for an emergency (sometimes even for a lost shoe on the day of a show...). If your farrier is good to you and does a good job, he is worth the money surely :). If your struggling money wise, take them off and turn the horse away for a few months :D.

I’m not struggling - just thought it was a big increase - 20% in 2 years!

Dazzer

Visit site
I am in Bedfordshire and a full set is £70. £30 for a trim. My farrier is fab and hasn't put up prices for years. He is coming tomorrow so we'll see.. I wouldn't mind if he did increase his prices as he is pretty cheap!

Zoeypxo

Visit site
Cornwall - £80 a set £30 for trim
Currently paying £140 for remedial work but planning a barefoot rehab starting in January

rextherobber

Visit site
My farrier is excellent, he does a lot of remedial work. Doesn't charge for coming out for lost shoes etc . Hasn't out his prices up in years. Reading this, I now think I should give him a pay rise voluntarily. I don't want to lose him. I've just paid to have the chimney swept, it was £20 less than he charges. Do I think he's a more knowledgeable, skilled and qualified person than the Sweep? Yes, I do, and his job is often out in the elements with young/difficult/old horses. Times are getting tough for us all, his fuel bill alone must be horrendous...

sakura

Visit site
When she was shod it was £85 for a full set. Now she's barefoot it's £35 a trim. I couldn't afford to keep a horse shod anymore

holeymoley

Visit site
£59 for 2 fronts and a trim behind. Fronts have road pins. I’m not bothered about price as my farrier travels out just for me. Horse is previously rotated laminitc so I have every faith in him correcting anything or highlighting any abnormalities.

rextherobber

Visit site
Actually, if you think about it, even if you were paying £120 a set, over 6 weeks, that's only £20 a week. I know people who spend more than that a week on pizzas...

b

F f

not

If y, ou were paying £120 a set, every 6 weeks, that's only £20 a week