Farrier recommendations - Bridgend area

Charlie31

Visit site
Can anybody recommend me a farrier that covers the Bridgend area please? I currently use the one that shoes most of the other horses on my yard but he's not quite working out for me. I'm relatively new to the area though so know a few names but don't know who's meant to be good or not so good.

Horse in question doesn't have the best feet as the hoof walls tend to dry up and break off below the nail lines in the summer. That said I have seen far, far worse hooves, we've always managed to keep the horse shod and have never had to resort to any remedial business, which is how I'd prefer to keep it. I'd like to find a forward thinking farrier with a can do attitude rather than one who sighs and shakes his head when presented with a set of hooves that aren't great but could be a great deal worse.

Don't mind paying for anyone to travel either so long as they're okay with coming that distance in the unfortunate case of lost shoes or nail bind etc (although hopefully this wouldn't happen in practice but you never know).

Thanks for any suggestions.