Farrier recommendations Gloucestershire

daisycrazy

Visit site
Recommendations for good, experienced farriers in Cotswolds please! Horse not far from Bourton on the Water.

Need a farrier who can cope with different foot shapes and adapt shoeing to fit the horse...

Recommendations of who to steer clear of would also be welcome - pm if prefer!

Currently paying £75 a set and not having good results. Moved to the area recently so no knowledge of local farriers yet.

Please help! Getting very frustrated!
frown.gif

Grey_Eventer

Visit site
Duncan Green, very good, good with any horses, nice guy, really talkative, friendly, turns up in tiny shorts, not top in the summer VERY funny- dont let that put you off him though, very good at his job. always ready to help out. good guy
grin.gif

oh he does make me laugh LOL

Grey_Eventer

Visit site
i will get his number for you and will post later, but seriously awesome guy
grin.gif
hes very good at his job... deals with all feet, sorted out a horse with half a hoof, does our very odd polo pony, huge,flat feet that he is sorting out! great guy
grin.gif

seabiscuit

Visit site
There are a superb bunch of farriers at Willseley equine vets if you can get hold of their numbers.
Also the guy that does the horses at Badminton Park and Charlton Park for Polly Williamson- wish I could remember his name! Francis I think it was. Excellent he was

igglepiggle

Visit site
Tom Burt, can pm the number if you like, or you may be able to find it on the registered farrier site. Anyway, can't rate him highly enough.

daisycrazy

Visit site
Thanks for these - one of them is current farrier so maybe I will have further discussions with him about best approach and have one more shot at getting it right before I change.

Having had a brilliant farrier for the past 10+ years and no problems with keeping feet right, it's a bit of a shock to the system to suddenly have to start worrying about it!

oaj-224

New User
Visit site
Hi, I know this is an old thread but just wondering if you have this guy's number? looking for a farrier near evesham, Thanks

Cedars

Visit site
Ralph Blatchford is absolutely awesome. Pm me if you'd like his number.

He keeps all of ours on the road, from our eventer through to our retired oldie, and from full sets to a trim. He's extremely thorough, knows our horses inside out and is always willing to take time if there is an issue like lameness or soreness.

ElleJS

Visit site
Duncan Green, very good, good with any horses, nice guy, really talkative, friendly, turns up in tiny shorts, not top in the summer VERY funny- dont let that put you off him though, very good at his job. always ready to help out. good guy
grin.gif

oh he does make me laugh LOL

Until he disappears of round the world on a whim. Which he does.

Haha just realised how old this thread was... Lol was funny seeing his name....