Farrier - South Yorkshire Area

Rockchick

Visit site
I am currently considering changing my farrier as a few events recently have made me think there may be an issue, my farrier has until recently been fantastic, hes rectified the problems that my horses have had with their feet etc and solved the mistrust of farriers that one of my horses has which is why i'm relucatant to change and wouldnt dream of it had recent issues not arisen

I have had a D Morgan reccomended to me as he covers my local area, just wondering if any fellow H&H peeps have used him etc or who you use

Dolcé

Visit site
We used Danny Morgan for one visit and he was fabulous with the horses (and nice to look at too!) When it came to the second visit we spent all morning getting 11 of our 14 in the right places so we could keep them moving to speed things up, and he didn't turn up. When I rang him he said he had forgotten to put it in his diary but also that he had been trying to ring me to see if he could come earlier so it didn't ring true. He had just got back off holiday and was playing catch up. We are in West Yorks so it was quite a long way for him to come, I cancelled the appointment we made for the following week because I decided I just couldn't risk all the work juggling them around if he didn't come again and changed to a more local one. Had I been local to him I think I would have given him another chance because he was good and their feet looked great but see what other comments you get. He is a really nice guy.

wench

Visit site
There used to be an old guy called clive in Tickhill, dont know if he's still shoeing. Not sure if he goes out into S yorks, but best farrier by far in the area is Shaun Chatterton.

EstherYoung

Visit site
I don't know if they'll cover down your way for clients but we use the Firths from Wakefield. They tend to keep most of the farriers they've trained on their books so there's a bit of a network of them now (we usually end up with Mark who's in our village). They've kept all our horses and our friend's 100 miler sound for many years, and they're pretty open minded about newfangled technologies and working without shoes and the like. Spud was I believe the first endurance horse in the country to have easyboot glue-ons fitted and that was all with our farrier's 100% support - he's in his third season with them now.

Last edited: