farrier- would you get rid?

not_with_it

Visit site
Farrier was arranged to do Gins shoes this morning. Yesterday he txt me to ask if he could come late tuesday afternoon instead, to which I replied "what time as im going for a lesson in the afternoon?" He didnt reply so I assumed he was still coming this morning. I waited an hour for him to turn up, tried ringing him with no joy and so I put Gin out in the field. At lunch time I sent him a txt asking him when he was coming, and I left him a msg on his answerphone at tea time asking him to ring me. I have heard nothing back.
Im not a happy bunny as Gin is already overdue by a week as I rescheduled her so I would be there when he came, for his benefit!
We have a new YO, farrier used to shoe his horses but they fell out. Dont know if that has anything to do with it.

Sometimes his attitude stinks, he has lost a lot of customers recently, but ive always got on with him and I really like how he does Gins feet.

sherwood'

Visit site
I hate unreliable farriers to be honest and have sacked many in my yrs- but if he does a good job then you shud maybe give him a 2nd chance?

Unless u can get another one as good that is- at the end of the day you are paying him for a service and if u dont get the service you want- go elsewhere!

not_with_it

Visit site
If I dont hear from him tomorrow then I will have to contact another to see if they will come at short notice. Im so mad
mad.gif

YO is trying to convince me to use his farrier and at the minute im quite tempted.

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
Ah Nat what a nightmare!
frown.gif
It's as though they don't realise we take time out to be there for them - We've had the blacksmith today and they were brilliant
smile.gif
On time, really good, fast and efficient and really nice to deal with (sorry - doesn't help you - but I'm just pointing out that there are good farriers out there)

Who do you have? PM me if you'd prefer
smile.gif

Kate x

marieE

Visit site
change farrier. you need to know where you stand with these things and not turning up and being akward he's obviously not valuing your custom, possibly influenced heavily by the bad feeling there sounds to be there between him and the YO, loads of good farriers out there ask about.

Weezy

Visit site
We have sacked ours as he has let us down EVERY shoeing cycle, and we have only had him for 4 cycles! The only way to make these farriers behave is to vote with your feet - we are in mourning as ours shod really well, but people were losing money taking half days off work and his behaviour was just not on.

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
I have a brilliant punctual and reliable farrier, he did get cross with me once when I asked if he could do my friends horse, he gave her a day and time and waited 30 minutes for her, she didnt turn up so next time he charged her for his time, she now has a different unreliable farrier, but the good ones are like gold dust!
Personally if he lets you down on Weds, I would go with the YO's farrier.

jelibean

Visit site
Im also in Yorks, had a really hard time with my old farrier frequently going on holiday un announced and not turning up at all or returning phone calls. Next farrier decided he had too many clients and being one of his furthest calls wouldnt come out to me anymore and left me in the lurch. Now got a really nice local guy (Fairly recently qualified) who is always on time and hasnt let me down yet and has done a great job on my horses feet.
Am very pleased with him.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
We do pretty well with ours, he began working on our horses when he was an apprentice, and was trained by the farrier who our first farrier trained! He can arrive late at times and has forgotten to put us in the book when I've rung him, but we got round that by making sure that we are booked in when he's here. He puts up with the big mare being a pratt, not with good grace but at least he keeps coming back!