Farriers again

lynsey1808

Visit site
My ned was shod last Tuesday, all fine. Went for a hack on Saturday, front shoe came clean off about 3-4 miles from home. I had to lead him home hopping, stumbling etc. When we got home he was very sore and I was slightly upset. Phoned my farrier ( well his wife) who couldn't give two hoots, she was very patronising and I hung up. I now have a new farrier who came out last night and put a shoe back on and he tells me ned has seedy toe. Now he only has it mildly and it's now being treated but why did my previous farrier not pick this up? Is it difficult to spot? Would this be the reason the shoe came off?
By the way, this is not a farrier rant! Well only my ex-farrier!
grin.gif

brightmount

Visit site
Sounds like it's for the best that you have a new farrier. The farriers I have used would always put a shoe back on for nothing if it came off in the first week. At least your new farrier has picked up the problem.

LOZHUG

Visit site
Our farrier is a star he always comes out FOC to put a shoe on if it has come off for any reason!

Good job you got a new farrier at least you now know this farrier seems to be a good one!