Farriers Formula/Blue Chip... alternatives

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
My new horse arrives Sunday. He flew through his vetting though the vet did advise his feet were hard yet crumbly (not sure how they can be both things but anyway...) and recommended Blue Chip feed balancer to improve things.

Blue Chip is v expensive and someone else has recommended Farriers Formula. Has anyone got good reports of either? Or can you recommend something else?

Evadiva1514

Visit site
How about Topspec?? I'm feeding it to mine at the moment and i am getting good results with it. I think they also do a supplement specifically for feet. Have also heard that Formula 4 feet and Equihoof are also good for crumbly horn, the latter being extremely good value for money.

_daisy_

Visit site
Formula4feet gets my vote. My mare had poor feet. threw shoes left right and centre. Completely changed when i put her on this. She hasnt lost any shoes in over 18 months!!!
Hooflyfe is also very good - made by naf

nelgonde

Visit site
Hi,

My horse has been on Farrier's Formula before and now we're trying the Keratex Formula for Feet. Jury's still out. Feet not growing noticeably quicker yet thou his horn quality is good.

missmorsey

Visit site
i used farriers formular on my old pony and his feet were terrible,it took along time to work but the wait was worthwhile as it made his feet v nice,also used karatex which was good

_jetset_

Visit site
I use TopSopec and Equine America's Hoof Power for Hannah...

When Hannah came back from stud her feet were quite cracked and sore, so I put her on Hoof Power in preparation for having all her shoes off this winter. So far I have noticed that they have definitely grown quicker as she needed the farrier sooner than normal, and the new hoof quality growing looks lovely and smooth.

Rebecca

Caritas

Visit site
Top spec has made a great deal of difference to my horses feet, the quality is better and he actually grows some hoof now!! Good luck!