farriers nr weston supermare

hilltop

Visit site
moving to near weston supermare so does anyone know of a farrier in the area notr asking for much but they must be able to keep a horse with flat feet and at the moment being shod by a remedial farriar with wedges at heels to help put pedal bone which has had reverse rotation back to the way it was two years ago till the last farrier didnt keep the feet short at toe and long heels hence lame horse in a lot of pain not too much too ask they must be reliable and competent and not too arrogant to take the advice of a remedial farrier any suggestion please

shelley8697

Visit site
The best Remedial Farrier, recommended to me by most of the local vet/equine hospitals is Paul Horner.

You could also talk to Andy Manners and Danny Downton.

If you would like contact no, PM me.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
You'll waste your money remedial farriery for that condition.

I have used Paul Horner. He was supposed to be sorting my horse out but more often than not his apprentices shod mine. I wasn't teribly happy but put up with it.

We also had rotation, showed him x-rays etc.. no improvement after 12months and still didn't take advice of vet to lower heels. I moved and he advised new farrier.... no idea how but he then went lame behind too and things got worse in front!

Wish I'd gone barefoot then. 6 months ago I eventually took the shoes off as I had had enough and we've got near "normal" feet all round now.

It's an option and these days there is a lot of evidence in the UK for helping horses in this way.....

Last edited:

Dobiegirl

Visit site
I have also used Paul Horner and have nothing for praise for him, have also used his apprentice Ryan who is also excellent and is months short of qualifying.

When your vet tells you Paul Horner is one of the best farriers in the south west you would be daft to ignore it.

hilltop

Visit site
at the moment my horse is ubder vet at remedial farrier alf hall who has done the most amazing thing with my horse he has had fantastic work done on his front feet and the is sound so am looking for a farrier as moving to near wsm who can keep him sound remedial farrier was what vet had out to him when he was in equine hospital twelve weeks ago so from having a horse hopping lame to sound and rideable needt to stick with remedial but am looking for a farrier who will keep his feet after he finishes his treatment as remedial shoes are like nearly 300 a time

JMcKendry

New User
Visit site
Hi,

If anyone knows Paul Horners number would you please PM me? Thanks I need to contact him quite urgently, but unfortunately can't find his number,

Kind regards,

Jo

Sunshine8

Visit site
Ryan Wadling

I have been using him for a few months now as Paul wasn't taking on anymore clients.
I am extremely happy with the work he has done and my mares feet are better than they ever have been

Follychoppins

Visit site
Thank-you very much! Without a surname I couldn't get very far (although I did find a Ryan local to Weston on registered farriers) and you have now confirmed the number. Rumour has it he can only be booked through Paul Horner whether that is true or not I don't know.