Fascinating colour !

LittleBlackMule

Visit site
Unless the sellers know for certain she is crossed with American Paint, I would say she looks pure Standardbred. That odd patching is something I've seen quite a few times on Standies and the breed obviously carries a gene for it.

Many years ago I sold a trailer to a lady who owned this horse, a Standie, - http://equinetapestry.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/napoleonic1.jpg - apparently people thought he had been attacked with acid!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
She is very interesting. I saw her before too and emailed the photos to the lady that does the equine tapestry blog, but sadly the blog hasn't been updated since 2014 and I didn't get a reply.

She does have white markings on her legs and head, so her unusual white patches could be caused by a white spotting/pinto gene, but she does remind me of photos where white marking are caused by other things eg fungal skin infections. I'm not quite brave enough to email the seller to ask if she was born with the markings or not.

NZJenny

Visit site
There is a line if coloured Standardbreds here in New Zealand. They are sold mostly as hacks, but one was racing this week, not sure how it went, but I know the breeder was thrilled to finally have one on the track.

millikins

Visit site
Unless the sellers know for certain she is crossed with American Paint, I would say she looks pure Standardbred. That odd patching is something I've seen quite a few times on Standies and the breed obviously carries a gene for it.

Many years ago I sold a trailer to a lady who owned this horse, a Standie, - http://equinetapestry.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/napoleonic1.jpg - apparently people thought he had been attacked with acid!

I saw this horse at Edenbridge and Oxted show in Aug, tried to get a pic for on here but was always behind another one. Very odd markings

Barnacle

Visit site
I saw the first a while ago and was perplexed. Not like any pattern I know of. But the second looks like a normal somatic mutation. Most likely a local mutation at the extension locus has given her smokey black patching. If you google "somatic mutation" you'll find many examples across species :)