Fat or in foal

JJS

Visit site
Thank you for all the updates and photos :) Have you seen foalie kicking yet? Exciting time!

Even before we had the vet out, we were pretty sure we were seeing movement, and now we know that she definitely didn't just have a wriggly tummy! You can feel it too :)

JJS

Visit site
Buckskin filly mid May :)

Let's hope that your intuition is correct because that would be just perfect!

Hey! Mules are super cute I would love a mule! After a discussion with my mare and showing her the pics my money's on the filly!

Cute, yes, but I've never wanted to own one! Another horse, on the other hand, can be my little sister's next riding pony once Sixpence eventually retires.

Last edited:

shanti

Visit site
Another lurker joining in! How exciting for you. I am going to guess a Pally and white filly on May 5th :)

Turitea

Visit site
Assuming the Welsh is the sire I go for a colt spitting image of his father with a lot of white markings (face, legs, belly) born third week of May. I am probably totally wrong but the guessing game is fun. All the best.

Coblover63

Visit site
If you like a bit of mumbo jumbo, try holding a ring on a chain over her loins and watch how it swings. If it goes back and forth it is a boy and round in circles is a girl. It repeatedly told me my mare was expecting a colt (and my own 3 children yoo, many years ago!) and that's what we got. Just keep the result to yourself so as not to mess up the bets! Would be interested to know if it predicted correctly though once bubs is born.

JJS

Visit site
So today we have some slightly more significant changes. M's bag is a little bigger again, and one teat is now beginning to point down rather than inwards (it's hard to see on the picture).

attachment.php

attachment.php

Her tummy also seems to have 'dropped away' from her spine, although it doesn't look particularly V shaped. The foal has been very active tonight too, twisting and turning all over the place and kicking quite a lot.

attachment.php

And now the most important part. We're starting to get some slackening in the muscles around M's rear end. They're quite soft and wobbly to the touch (although not jelly-like just yet), and the colour inside her vulva is beginning to darken too.

attachment.php

Could be that foalie is here a little sooner than we expect! I have my mum and sister going back up around nine to check her so we'll see whether she's changed at all by then.

Remi'sMum

Visit site
Another lurker here **waves hi**

Congratulations!! Can't wait to see what you get, you must be so excited. I'll join in with the guessing game and say a skewbald colt on May 1st 😆

MDB

Visit site
Been coming on here every day to check since last Friday! lol. Hope all goes well. Keep the updates coming (regularly) lol

Queenbee

Visit site
Im sorry, this just isn't good enough - what the hell are you doing??? Its bordering on cruelty...

How are we supposed to cope??? Why have you not gone and got a CCTV so you can live stream her in her stable, Im not sure I can just cope with pictures :p x

Widgeon

Visit site
Im sorry, this just isn't good enough - what the hell are you doing??? Its bordering on cruelty...

How are we supposed to cope??? Why have you not gone and got a CCTV so you can live stream her in her stable, Im not sure I can just cope with pictures :p x

Haha too right! Yet another lurker popping up in excited anticipation....and congratulations on your BOGOF!

suffolkmare

Visit site
I've just checked back, and on 20/4 I said "chunky coloured filly, 7-14 days from now" so that gives me till next Thursday. I'm sticking with the colour & gender and now reckon Sunday/Monday! Hope all continues to go well, and foalie photos soon!

JJS

Visit site
Okay, so we now have:

Twiggy2: Coloured colt on Sunday morning.

Biff&Buzz: Lovely, chunky filly.

Equi: Colt who's the spit of mum.

Suffolkmare: Chunky coloured filly.

3Beasties: Coloured filly born on bank holiday Monday.

Sandstone1: Skewbald colt born next weekend.

Hobgoblin: Buckskin and white colt born on the Tuesday after the bank holiday.

Clodagh: Buckskin and white.

Leo Walker: Buckskin and white colt or a mule (please no!).

Horselady: Either a nice, chunky filly or a mule (again, please no! We're a mule-free zone!).

On the Hoof: Colt.

Eatmyshorts: Chunky coloured cob colt next Friday.

The greenergrass: Buckskin and white colt.

Cobbytype: Coloured colt in the second week of May.

ElleSkywalker: Buckskin filly in mid-May.

Fraggle2: Coloured filly on the 7th May.

Shanti: Palomino and white filly on the 5th May.

Fools Motto: Chunky blue and white colt between the 10th-15th May.

Rabatsa: Chestnut colt on the 20th May.

Turitea: Colt who is the spitting image of his (assumed) Welsh sire with a lot of white markings (face, belly, and legs) born in the third week of May.

Hannahgb: Coloured filly in the second week of May.

Gloi: Palomino and white colt in the last week of May.

Remi'sMum: Skewbald colt on the 1st May.

Char_f94: Skewbald colt on the 5th May.

Feival: Birthdate of 4th May.

SatansLittleHelper: Coloured colt.

Sandstone1

Visit site
I'm still going with a skewbald colt this weekend coming.
Hope all goes well and both mare and foal are well. Fingers crossed for a safe delivery.
Good luck!

Ladyinred

Visit site
May the 4th and must be called Leia or Luke as its Starwars day ��

My mare is called Leia, not for her birthdate but because she was saved by a brother she didn't know she had. We went to see another at his breeders and I spied a sad, underweight, scarred and neglected little filly hiding away, found out she was his sister and couldn't leave her there...

Butterbear

Visit site
Congratulations! This is so exciting, I've been lurking but think a coloured filly before Mayday :) hopefully skewbald as she would be super pretty! Whatever gender or colour you have so many great times ahead of you, I bought my first mare and her 9 month old filly foal a month and a half ago and am loving every minute with them and can only imagine how great it would have been right from the beginning-hard but great :). Good luck, eagerly awaiting news...
PS Ladyinred thats a really touching story, how is she now?