Fat or in foal

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
The warmer weather next week will help. Mares can hang on for nicer, warmer times. I hope you have a nice day tomorrow. You will be expected to post an update. There's lots of us on foal watch with you. :p

windand rain

Visit site
Hay on the floor and water on the wall or door if tall enough mum should be able to reach if you hang the water on the outside of the door. We were able to use tub trugs after the foal was steady on its feet the half depth ones as if the foal fell in it would squash and drain

MDB

Visit site
Ok. It is 11pm here in Spain and I have come online before bed for my daily update... and nothing! lol. Hope all is well. Please update soon.

JJS

Visit site
Everything is fine, although we're looking pretty close now! Shouldn't think she has too much longer to go from this point :)

I actually did snap plenty of pictures today to update you all properly, and even a short video of her wibbly-wobbly bum muscles, but haven't had a spare second to get on Photobucket and upload them. Sorry, all!

Last edited:

Sandstone1

Visit site
I'm still saying skewbald colt. Looks like I was wrong about the date though!
Hope all is well and foal arrives safe and sound.

Pilatesclare

Visit site
Have been following, very exciting jjs! My prediction is 7th may (cos that's my boys birthday!) coloured colt. Hope Mary is doing well.

madlady

Visit site
Not been on here in ages so have only just caught up with this - how exciting :)

When our mares have foaled we have always had water buckets in the stable but they have been the trug type ones that are very squashable - Daegan did fall in one when he was a couple of hours old - the bucket collapsed and we just ended up having to re do the bed. We put hay on the floor.

Butterbear

Visit site
This is so exciting, please don't keep us all in suspense too much longer Mary! Looks as though my date prediction was wrong, maybe she'll have a 9th May baby and share with my nearly yearling filly :)

JJS

Visit site
So... Anything going on today JJS?

A little. Pictures from yesterday first. She is absolutely HUMONGOUS now, although I never manage to capture quite how big she is on camera.

0AA60C9A-FD67-4106-8D94-5A985A134D21.jpg

2F86E278-C051-4BAC-A86D-207C1B723DF1.jpg

F1C4E28B-F77C-4EB2-9D60-77E370E94C20.jpg

Her bag and teats are also looking more and more developed each day.

447F6967-417E-423C-9538-07DC8ED3BD7F.jpg

A848C713-2EE9-4B9C-9DA1-58DD5696EB3A.jpg

And her bum muscles, although not visibly slackening, are very soft and wobbly to the touch.

D24B64D5-EE4E-4DFD-8C3C-4FB84D648B70.jpg

Then today, we've had even more development. We had what looked like the first teensy tiny bit of wax on the end of one teat, and the beginnings of the mucus plug also looked like it might have started to come away. I can't be certain of the latter though, as M did have a touch of diarrhoea today.

2603650D-7C88-4B19-9427-D92A80B7EF73.jpg

EEB5E668-5F75-4BDA-B847-0DABC24AD75C.jpg

BE44AC3C-5D67-48FA-96C1-A3C62A5C8291.jpg

Last edited:

fabbydo

Visit site
This is so bizarre! Why am I so excited about a total stranger's foal? I think it's because it was clear from the start how much you love her. I've lurked from the beginning but have now officially joined the 'is it here yet?' gang. I have no idea about date/sex/colour but I am sure it will be beautiful. Good luck, I hope it all goes well x

JJS

Visit site
This is so bizarre! Why am I so excited about a total stranger's foal? I think it's because it was clear from the start how much you love her. I've lurked from the beginning but have now officially joined the 'is it here yet?' gang. I have no idea about date/sex/colour but I am sure it will be beautiful. Good luck, I hope it all goes well x

Thanks, Fabbydo! I really do adore her so I'm glad it comes across! :) I'm actually terrified by the whole thing because I'm so worried about anything happening to my lovely Mary.

horselady

Visit site
Thanks, Horselady! :)

I love her mane, her being a cob I suppose she is quite chunky anyway so it probably wouldn't have been visible at first. She is lovely though and you clearly love her very much. Fingers crossed it all goes well.

JJS

Visit site
Also, here's an updated list of your predictions for you all:

Twiggy2: Coloured colt on Sunday morning.

Biff&Buzz: Lovely, chunky filly.

Equi: Colt who's the spit of mum.

Suffolkmare: Chunky coloured filly.

3Beasties: Coloured filly born on bank holiday Monday.

Sandstone1: Skewbald colt born this weekend.

Hobgoblin: Buckskin and white colt born on the Tuesday after the bank holiday.

Clodagh: Buckskin and white.

Leo Walker: Buckskin and white colt or a mule (please no!).

Horselady: Either a nice, chunky filly or a mule (again, please no! We're a mule-free zone!).

On the Hoof: Palomino colt on May Day.

Eatmyshorts: Chunky coloured cob colt next Friday.

The greenergrass: Buckskin and white colt.

Cobbytype: Coloured colt in the second week of May.

ElleSkywalker: Buckskin filly in mid-May.

Fraggle2: Coloured filly on the 7th May.

Shanti: Palomino and white filly on the 5th May.

Fools Motto: Chunky blue and white colt between the 10th-15th May.

Rabatsa: Chestnut colt on the 20th May.

Turitea: Colt who is the spitting image of his (assumed) Welsh sire with a lot of white markings (face, belly, and legs) born in the third week of May.

Hannahgb: Coloured filly in the second week of May.

Gloi: Palomino and white colt in the last week of May.

Remi'sMum: Skewbald colt on the 1st May.

Char_f94: Skewbald colt on the 5th May.

Feival: Birthdate of 4th May.

SatansLittleHelper: Coloured colt.

Butterbear: Skewbald filly before May Day.

KM-R: Coloured colt to arrive before next Saturday.

Wagtail: Smoky brown filly three weeks from now.

Meleeka: Chestnut filly born on Sunday (30th April).

Slightlyconfused: A May baby.

LadyGascoyne: Spitting image mini-me colt on the 2nd of May.

AShetlandBitMeOnce: Palomino and white filly on the 6th of May.

Doris68: Skewbald colt on the 11th of May.

Fidgety: Mini mum filly on the 3rd of May.

Equines17: Skewbald colt.

Pilatesclare: Coloured colt on the 7th of May.