Fat Welshy!! Anyone else??

Dazed'n'confused

Visit site
Stop worrying so much, yes he could do to lose a bit of weight but there's not much more you can do to help him and the fact that he's not feeling his feet must mean you're doing something right!! :) Hopefully if he goes in a sectioned off bit that will help you even more, and if you work him as much as you can then he will be slim in no time!!
My companion pony is fatter than lard but it's not for the want of trying!! She's out overnight with a muzzle plaited into her mane so it stays put! She then comes in to a very minuscule haynet & snoozes for 4 hours. She then goes out on a mini track where she can browse the hedgerow but where there's only a tiny amount of grass. I walk her out for 15 mins a day but sadly can't lunge the backside off her (literally) as she's lamer than a lame thing due to an old kick injury on her knee (hence companion status)! Every spring/autumn (who am I kidding, all year round) I worry about her getting laminitis but she has so far remained rock crunching on all feet, no pulses & cool hooves every day - it defies logic!
Enjoy your boy & try not to worry, he looks lovely! :)

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site
Thank you everyone for your advice and support. Think I need to stop worrying now - I've done as much as I can and just enjoy him without stressing!

Little paddock for him will do him the world of good and might stop me from getting grey hairs :D

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site
Ok so he's been in a starvation paddock for a few weeks and I've upped his exercise as much as I possibly can. We've had a major hiccup though - he got fairly poorly and the vet had to come, he got diagnosed with asthma and he's now on a steroid nebuliser and the vet said that it can make them put on weight more. Arrrghhh! Anyway, here is a photo update; still got a way to go (about another 30kg) but I'm happy so far :)
image_zpsytqpivw3.jpg
[/URL]

Dazed'n'confused

Visit site
Thank you, mega chuffed! Feel like I have to micro manage everything but it's been worth it to see him looking a lot healthier :) If only I could manage my diet just as well!

Hmmmmm, ahem, well, having micro managed lardy pony all day, grumbled at her ability to live on air, asked her how on earth she hasn't either got Lami or exploded (or both) & told her that if only she wasn't lame she'd have her fat bum worked off her, I'm sat with some Pringles & a glass of wine...... Thank goodness she can't see me to tell me I'm a hypocrite!!!! ;) :D