Fatal attack on mare in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire

Amaranta

Visit site
Dear God, people can be such s***s :( why would any normal person do this :confused:

Poor poor mare

nic85

Visit site
OMG I drive past these horses everyday, they werent there today I assumed they had been moved ready for foaling :( How awful for the owners :(

Tiffany

Visit site
The morons responsible for this attack are sick, nasty, evil b------s. What makes people want to do something like this, I just can't relate to them at all :mad::(

icemaiden113

Visit site
The owners are beside themselves and are offering a reward for any information leading to the capture of who ever did this.
The mare was very close to foaling but unfortunately her foal was still born due to the attack!
If anyone knows anything pm me and I will pass the details on to the owners!

ladyt25

Visit site
Not wanting to be morbid (and I imagine they may not have wanted to go in to details) but they haven't given any details of what the nature of this attack was - was it inflicted by a person with a weapon or was it a dog attack for example?? I assume there is no way the horse could have sustained these injuries in the field? Awful however it happened and no animal should have to suffer like that but some details of what happened may help find who was responsible.

OWLIE185

Visit site
Unfortunately there are some very sick people about and it is essential that this person(s) is/are caught and put before the courts so that they can be sentenced accordingly.

PARISHJAN

New User
Visit site
There are no words to describe how I feel about this horrific killing. Tears, desperation, shock - totally inadequate. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and I hope they catch the monster who did this.

icemaiden113

Visit site
In answer to ladyt25, the injuries were done by a human with what is believed to be some sort of weapon. (Ashamed to say human!)
Def not injuries sustained in the field or by another animal.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Scum, absolute scum. They need putting to sleep. I really believe that. Anyone that can do that to an animal is capable of doing similar to a human. Sadly, even if caught, the punishment will not fit the crime. They will probably get less than someone who commits petty theft.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I have been thinking a lot about this poor mare. Could it have been possible the attack came from one of the other horses? I presume, being brood mares, they would be unshod? It is not unheard of for a horse to kick another and keep on kicking when it's down. The police say she was attacked with a blunt instrument. Could it have been hooves? Or was there evidence of a hammer? I guess I just can't bear to think of a person attacking a horse with a hammer.