Fattening up the EPSM horse?

barkinghorse

Visit site
WIlliam is losing weight and with him being an EPSM horse i wondered if anyone knew what i can use to fatten him up a bit.
He is on a high oil diet anyway, and he can't have beet products as he is allergic to them.
Any ideas?
Jo

amandaco2

Visit site
my friend used ultimate finish on her horse and fed him good ad lib hay.he also suffered lamintis and colic but he put weight on with the happy hoof and ultimate
i know its fat based but maybe its formulated for max effect?
also ad lib forage helps keep weight on and worming correctly.prehaps check his teeth and he is warm enough just in case?

Lottie7

Visit site
This is such a tricky situation with an EPSM horse. I don't know what he's on now but am assuming that he has ad lib good quality hay etc. Have you tried EquiJewel? I think Saracen do it and it's a bit cheaper than the Bailey's feed. It has a 25% fat content. Other than that, how about stepping up his current feed. Sorry, don't want to state the obvious.

Incidentally, I have an EPSM horse prone more to weight gain. However, I don't find that large quantities of oil put weight on him. He usually gets 2 pints when he is in work but is on 1 pint at the moment. Weird isn't it.

Sorry not to be of more help.

Kezza

Visit site
Alfa a oil and topspec feed balancer? has put incredible condition on our 22 yr old ... and obviously constant access to good quality hay