Favourite Eventing Discipline?

PaddyMonty

Visit site
Does it change depending on the horse you are riding?

When I started eventing my horse was an XC machine (ooops) and that was my preferred phase. SJ was ok but I really disliked the stressage.

When I started with Ed (grade B SJ) my preffered phase strangely became SJ. Still seriously disliked strssage.

With the ginger one I seem to enjoy the dressage phase most.
There, I came out of the closet and admitted it. By pure coincidence it happens to be his best phase aswell
wink.gif

BBs

Visit site
Its a slippery slope TF!

I have to agree, i enjoy the dressage phase.

My mare was horrid in the dressage but fun in the sjing, brilliant on her day xc but could be like riding a just back 4 year old on other days.
Winston is a dream in all 3 phases, but I did prefer xc on him.
Snoop is just good at it all but makes the xc the best - like you could jump the moon.

seche

Visit site
XC then Dressage then SJ..

On Zip it went XC SJ then Dressage as he was a mans ride and a giraffe!!!

On Chocs - Dressage is his fav (odd horse!) but mine still stands as XC the best Dressage 2nd and then SJ - as those poles I find always roll too easily!! DOH!

PaddyMonty

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Its a slippery slope TF!

[/ QUOTE ]

Tis OK, I've found some firm footing and managed to not enter Petplan areas despite qualifying for them and having to go anyway to take daughter and her pony
tongue.gif

Hullabaloo

Visit site
Would find it hard to choose between sj and xc and I enjoy both - sj is probably our best phase (though that's not saying a lot!). I hate doing dressage - it doesn't get my adrenalin going and for me its just something you have to do before you can have fun.

BBs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its a slippery slope TF!

[/ QUOTE ]

Tis OK, I've found some firm footing and managed to not enter Petplan areas despite qualifying for them and having to go anyway to take daughter and her pony
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for you
smile.gif

Molineux

Visit site
I lurve The XC phase! Thats just becuase I have a horse that flys XC
laugh.gif
Dressage I am starting to like
wink.gif
Shhh do not tell BBs!!
And I really love Showjumping, but I have to say it would be the XC
smile.gif

BankEndRescue

www.bankendequinerescue.com
Prefer XC but SJ comes a close second......Todd isn't at his best in dressage but then neither am I so that's probably why I don't enjoy it as much. If I had a top notch dressage horse maybe I'd learn to enjoy it more. I think I'm possibly too much of a speed freak
smile.gif

cheekycharley

Visit site
Im a strange one...

Used to like dressage and sj the most....

Now the xc is the fun part, when i think novice the sjing was putting me off rather than the xc! weird how things change and its the same horse!!!!!!

rara007

Visit site
People who don't like XC the most, surely you would do pure dressage or SJ. The dressage and SJ just seem to be a mere annoyance that gets in the way of the fun. But actually, with my driving eventing I love the dressage the most, mainly because I do well, then the XC, and finally the damn cones.

Bossanova

Visit site
I event to go xc.

Then I like the sj then the dressage is a definite last. Strange as I adore schooling on the flat, I just hate the bad scores I get

BankEndRescue

www.bankendequinerescue.com
[ QUOTE ]
I event to go xc.

Then I like the sj then the dressage is a definite last. Strange as I adore schooling on the flat, I just hate the bad scores I get

[/ QUOTE ]

if that's you doing the XC in your sig no wonder you love it!!!!! Brave, very brave lol