Favourite horses from this years Badminton.....

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
The one I'd most like to ride myself, King Eider! Looks like a rolls royce of cross country horses - maybe not the fastest or flashest, but he looked genuine as the day is long and terribly sensible about it too!

Billy Beware impressed me - he didn't look flustered when things went wrong and the way he kept going at the hunstmans corners despite totally losing his back end made me think he was a real trier (and extremely scopey too).

lex2501

Visit site
For me it was TSF Karascada M (Kai Steffan-Meier's ride) for a bit of a random reason... We saw her being hand grazed outside the house and I was immediately struck by how similar she is to my little mare Jam. We went and spoke to her lovely groom and I couldn't believe how tiny she was - dinky little 15.2hh and 17 years old. She jumped one of the bravest clear XC rounds but unfortunately didn't present the next day. Her dressage isn't great but she is a jumping machine! Loved her, and inspired me as she really really reminded me of my little game mare!

The other horse would be Billy Beware - what a courageous young horse with a huge heart!

siennamum

Visit site
I thought Ringwood Magister was gorgeous, and very unlucky and other US horse, Universe who was super classy.

Couldn't ride one side of either of them but lovely to watch

ClobellsandBaubles

Visit site
I liked the look of Alexander, Beltane Queen and Billy Beware. There was a grey who looked great fun bouncy like a pony but they came unstuck quite quickly can't remember who it was. I was sad Borough Pennyz didn't make it.

lex2501

Visit site
I liked the look of Alexander, Beltane Queen and Billy Beware. There was a grey who looked great fun bouncy like a pony but they came unstuck quite quickly can't remember who it was. I was sad Borough Pennyz didn't make it.

Probably Algebra? Lovely lovely little horse ridden by Natalie Blundell from Australia ?

bananaloaf

Visit site
I thought Ringwood Magister was gorgeous, and very unlucky and other US horse, Universe who was super classy.

Couldn't ride one side of either of them but lovely to watch
Gosh yes, Universe looks such an elastic bouncy ball of a horse! Absolutely beautiful too, I'd love to just look at him.

I adored Billy Beware, what a brave horse. Beltane Queen looked like she was having a ball, and King Eider is just wonderful.

Sandstone1

Visit site
All these horses are very fit and doubt they are easy rides, Not sure I would be up for riding any of them! Still we can all dream!

Twiglet

Visit site
I really fell for Tiana Coudray's horse (Ringwood Magister?)....thought he was very special.

Beltane Queen was lovely too :)

armchair_rider

Visit site
Probably Algebra? Lovely lovely little horse ridden by Natalie Blundell from Australia ?

I thought he was great. Looked like a lovely fun little horse that you could do anything with. I think Algebra was my favourite but Imperial Cavaliar was great too - so genuine at that owlhole. Beltane Queen looks a great prospect as does Billy Beware.

Lexi_

Visit site
I would look like a pea on a drum on top of King Eider but he'd still be my top pick!

Also Quimbo. Not the best round this year but he's got the most beautiful, easy way of going.

AandK

Visit site
The one I'd most like to ride myself, King Eider! Looks like a rolls royce of cross country horses - maybe not the fastest or flashest, but he looked genuine as the day is long and terribly sensible about it too!

Billy Beware impressed me - he didn't look flustered when things went wrong and the way he kept going at the hunstmans corners despite totally losing his back end made me think he was a real trier (and extremely scopey too).

I'm with you all the way. Especially King Eider, I do love a grey and he just looked so effortless jumping round, lovely chap :smile3:

hcm88

Visit site
Ringwood Magister - from watching her dressage and show jumping I really enjoyed watching them, he was full of beans still on the last day and has tremendous potential despite a few hiccups over the weekend, plus he's gorgeous. Tiana never stops smiling and I hope they get some more good results.

Billy Beware is incredibly exciting as everyone has said!

Alexander is one to watch for the future too (as it Ludwig himself). A slightly tense dressage was a shame for them but they impressed over the other two phases (in my opinion the poles on the final day were unlucky from what I can remember), I reckon we have a lot more to come from them both.

Beltane Queen was probably my horse of the event, it was such a shame they made that 1 mistake as my god was she giving Nicola a good ride!

Puppy

Visit site
Easy Target would be my first choice. I watched Francis working him on the Friday and he looked super!

NaeNae87

Visit site
Oooohhh, so hard to choose!

I have always loved Oliver Townend's Armada. He always looks like he has a blast.

I also quite liked the look of Wendy Schaeffer's Koyuna Sun Dancer. Koyuna stud has produced some really lovely horses, one of which I have had the pleasure of riding. If Sun Dancer is anything like the one I have ridden... Well, Wendy is a lucky lady. :)

And lastly, I have a super big soft spot for Paul Tappner's Kilronan.

elliefiz

Visit site
Joeseph Murphy's sportsfield othello- fab horse, so classy!

Actually all the horses who went out under the irish flag were pretty amazing, Austin o Connor's, captain Geoff Curran's, Clare abbott's- would take any of them!

TableDancer

Visit site
Grand Manoevre is simply stunning looking and did a brilliant clear round (given a beautiful ride by Nick) which was a huge achievement for a 10yo at his first 4*. Definitely one for the future. I loved Beltane Queen although she isn't exactly classy, more "up for it", hope she is ok. Quimbo is essence of gorgeousness. I also really like Wild Lone - again, given a superb ride - but we probably ought to reserve a slot in this thread for Sam's game mare who tried her heart out in all three phases!

Clare85

Visit site
As others have said, Billy Beware is an extremely exciting prospect. I thought Pippa looked like she was having to work hard at points, which is to be expected as he's big and inexperienced, but I just loved watching the partnership. Her huge smile and obvious bursting pride in him after both jumping rounds was lovely to see :)

I'm also a big fan of Armada and Oliver Townend seemed quite emotional about him.

Another highlight for me was watching Beltane Queen, I do love a coloured and she looked like she gave Nicola Wilson a fab ride.

There was also a little pretty bay with a white stripe that I liked the look of but can't remember the horse or rider's name.

el_Snowflakes

Visit site
Who had the little coloured horse? I thought it was one of the best looking horses Iv ever seen (even tho not normally the biggest fan on coloured horses!) :)