Favourite HOYS moment 2008

rainey

Visit site
HI

Whats your favourite moment from HOYS 2008 being a massive show jumping fan I'm surprised to find myself choosing the closing ceremony and the Immaculate turned out Clydesdale and handler under the spotlights with Simon McCorkindale reading the ode to the horse, WOW what a moment to be part of

Rouletterose

Visit site
My favourite moment is probably the finale, it was fabulous to see Harvey and David, Ted and Liz edgar, oh those were the days! anyone else remember when it was always on telly on BBC1 or two and it didn't start until 10.30pm or 11 o clock? I used to stay up and watch it always, but the coverage now is excellent I have to say. I also love all the chats inbetween, like when John Whittaker or Michael are interviewed, they are great, so great for the sport. Happy times........going to bed now.

StarFell

Visit site
There's loads... Robert Whitaker and Finbarr jumping 7 foot 3, the closing ceremony, Billy Twomey winning showjumper of the year after his awful accident this year, and all of the pony club, they were fab
smile.gif

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Hard to pick a favourite moment, but without a doubt the most moving was when the members of the Household Cavalary galloped round at the end of their display, carrying the National flags and Union Jack. It was so humbling to know that some of them would be off to a war zone in the near future. Also, for very personal reasons, the heavy horse musical drive. I last saw this at HOYS Wembley when a friend and I were taken by her parents. I heard whilst at the show yesterday that her Dad had passed away that morning, so it was a very poignant moment for me. RIP Jim.

WoopsiiD

summerfieldstables.weebly.com
PONY CLUB!!!!
Can't think of the name of the team but they were in the green tops!!!
One little lad threw his heart and soul into it! He was on the little grey. The ponies faces when they saw the ostrich!!!

Theresa_F

Visit site
Heavy horses - brought a tear to see the clydesdales so obviously enjoying themselves. The flags being galloped by the cavalry – made me feel so proud of my country and the amazing jump over the big wall. Scurry and gymkhana games – always such fun and joy to see. I love HOYS

Finally, my best OH ever taking me to Mrs Candy and buying me a new tweed show jacket which will actually fit my plump short body
grin.gif

jumpthemoon

Visit site
Robert Whitaker and Finbarr winning the Puissance and also the ostriches in the PC Games - thay was hilarious! It was all brill though - can't wait til next year
grin.gif

Countdown to Badders now
grin.gif

ISHmad

Visit site
The Household Cavalry - awesome. A well deserved standing ovation at the end
The ostriches in the Pony Club games. Thought the commentator was going to pass out from laughter. Utter mayhem and completely brilliant
The two spotted ponies in the scurry driving on Thursday - sooooo cute

Lobelia_Overhill

www.mymiscellanyhome.net
This was the first time in years that I'd seen HOYS on TV, I loved all of it!! The Pony Club was great fun, I remember the days when the Eglington kept winning every year! Nice to see two old familiar names (Cheshire North and the Oakley) still in the game ...

Billy Twomey's win was excellent! And the Swedish girl who won the other big class, the look on her face LOL

echodomino

Visit site
Definitely the Household Cavalry!! Fantastic display both during and at the end of the show. Was nice to see them trying something new - by that I mean they were riding to Queen, Bon Jovi, Rolling Stones etc whereas at Olympia they did it properly to the sort of music you'd expect.

Think the Pony Club games was fabulous last night and when the kid in the Ostrich took a dive and they had 4 in a sack it was hilarious.

Then the Hurry Scurry.

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
Household Cavalry were amazing, got the old patriotic side stirring. I have to say I found the finale a bit boring, but I was totally knackred by then and faced a 2 hour drive home.
But my best moment was seeing Billy (Daldorn Legacy) take 5th in the small hacks. I backed him last year and he went to the producer in May after my accident. To see him in the main ring when he is such a baby was fab. And my bosses 4yo 12.2hh Daldron Whistle blower was 5th in his class, little star. I've just been and collected him today and he's happy to be home.
Having a connection to horses that are competing makes it really stressful and so exilarating