Favourite yard job!

Deep-ness? Pick up to two

• Total voters

Paint it Lucky

Visit site
Just wondering! What is everyones favourite (or prehaps least hated!) yard job from the list below. As people are always moaning about doing certain yard jobs so I wondered which ones do you actually like! (PS: riding is not an option!)

_jetset_

Visit site
I love making up my feeds... I love the smell of horse food
laugh.gif

mickey

Visit site
I must be strange because I actually LIKE cleaning tack! ANd I love spending time with my horse, so grooming is good too.

grandmaweloveyou

Visit site
altho i ticked making feed up, i sadly do like mucking out, i get such a sense of satisfaction out of making my boys bed for him. i must be weird, i enjoy emptying the kitchen bin and taking the recycling out, it must be something to do with the clearing clutter psyche.

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
I love grooming so my ponio looks clean and scrummy

I like poo picking and seeing a clean field......probably why I do it at least once a day

and tidying the yard, I like it looking tidy and neat...

hubby would say that i've got ocd!!!

Selkie

Visit site
I love cleaning tack particularly on a Sunday evening when I take it all to pieces and give it a good and proper clean, usually whilst having a glass of wine
grin.gif

SouthWestWhippet

Visit site
I love making feeds, especially when you get to mix lots of things together.

I also voted for sweeping the yard and tidying the yard. I just find sweeping and tidying SOOOO rewarding. First yard is a tip then you sweep and tidy... hey presto, yard looks beautiful (until the bloody DIYers come along and trail straw everywhere LOL)

soph21

Visit site
i ticked mucking out even though mine aren't stabled i usually ask my friend if i can do her 4 horses! and now and again look after different friends horses which involves mucking out, I LOVE IT!! its theriputic.
obviously ticked grooming love my babies!
and i wont let anyone else do my horses food!! i love doing it

You forgot to mention apples, carrots turnips etc..!!!
i enjoy slicing fruit and veg too!!!

jennyb

Visit site
I love mucking out - its sad but satisfying! I'm assuming mucking out includes putting down a lucious bed for them when they come into their bedrooms on a night time to be tucked in??....and then seeing them role! ooo heaven

JAK

Visit site
I have to join the 'making up feeds' lot here, I just love this job!
I am soooooo sad I even top 'n' tail the carrots & cut them up into equal size pieces just to make the task last a little longer!
(You can do this when you only have two feed buckets of course! lol)

reynold

Visit site
not just making up feeds but putting them in the mangers - the quiet silence afterwards as they are all stuffing their faces - bliss

when I have proper beds to do as with foaling - nice to shake up the new straw, put the banks up and then square them off along the top

my OCD is to keep the bottom of tails trimmed and level

jumpthemoon

Visit site
I love most yard jobs!
grin.gif
I love mucking out and getting the beds all nice and cosy, I love sweeping and tidying cos the yard looks lovely afterwards, I love making feeds and grooming and haynets and especially muck heap tidying.....I think I may go and seek therapy!
crazy.gif

Oooh...the only thing I don't like is poo-picking. That's mostly because my barrow is RUBBISH and tips over really easily, spilling all picked poo back out onto field
mad.gif