Fear of wind?

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Zak has recently decided that he’s scared of the wind (last year or so). He won’t go into the garden if it’s windy and is currently anxiously dithering about due to the wind whistling down the chimney. It’s not a huge issue, but I’d prefer not to have him upset/clawing at me! He’s the fear aggressive one, over thinks everything, complicated little dog. Would a thunder shirt help?

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
No idea, I'm afraid but one of our Rotters is very unsettled today- she keeps asking to go out, getting to the door and changing her mind when she realises that it is still blowing a gale. The wind was whistling down our chimney but since I've resurrected the fire in the stove, that seems to have quietened down a bit. Her sister is oblivious!

I nearly blew over taking hay out this morning!

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
It's not uncommon, we do talk about 'windy' people and animals and some dogs do get noise sensitive as they get older.

My older one is a bit edgy in the wind and there was a 5yo bitch a couple of weeks ago that was extremely spooked out.

For the record, my dad hates it and my grandfather used to take himself off to bed :p

jumbyjack

Visit site
Yup! Laska is very scared of the wind but the thundershirt really does help even with creaking trees that used send her hysterical!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I might try his drying coat, it’s very snug given it was made when he was a pup. It’s bonkers windy here, was hosing down a bed outside, a sudden gust of wind chucked bits of tree at me and it hurt!

PapaverFollis

Visit site
My Sprollie is a bit of a windphobe. He's happy enough to go out in it but gets slinky and very unsettled in the house. He's actually better tucked up in his crate but think I might see about a thundershirt. The spaniel is less bothered but still a bit more unsettled than normal.