Feed advise please

josie_s

Visit site
Hi everyone
I'll try to keep this as short as possible but would love some advice to help me put some weight on my boy. He's currently not in work (since mid oct til probs mid Jan) so I thought now would be a good time to try to improve his condition. His ribs are (only just) covered but he has quite a delve between his last rib and the front of his hip, his bum is not remotely round. Also his coat isn't very shiney.
My difficulty being that he has a sensitive tum and tends to suffer from wind and a dribbly bottom. I tried him on cooked linseed last winter and although it didn't affect his bum it didn't really help his weight either, he was on a cup twice a day.

He's 7 yr old 17.3hh ISH,
He's currently fed
Spillers Conditioning Fibre (1 slightly heaped Stubbs Scoop)
350g Top Spec Comprehensive balancer
1/2 Stubbs Scoop Cool Condition Cubes
1/2 Scoop Fibrebeet
Global Herbs Fennel (without this I need to put him on hay to control his dribbly bum)

He gets the above twice daily along with ad lib good quality Haylage, he's currently turned out daily 7am til 2.30.
Although the haylage is adlib he doesn't have a big appetite and only tends to eat 2-3 average nets in 24 hrs.

Alfa Oil would be my prefered choice of fibre but he wont eat any alfa incase I'm poisoning him.
I recently tried stabalised rice bran (Infinity made by Gain but Saracen do the same product) and I can feed him upto 1/2 a cup in each feed, much more than this and his dribbly bum returns. But I haven't seen any difference with his weight.
I tried an alternative balancer but couldn't control the dribbly bum without swapping the haylage back to hay.
I was wondering about adding maybe digest plus or pink powder to his diet to help his guts some more but the top spec balancer already contains yeast and probiotics I beleive?
Or do I try cereals or spillers conditioning cubes and give up on the balancer?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated Please