Feeding a Border Terrier

AprilsBoy

Visit site
Hi All, Hoping i can get some advice.
I have a 8month old Border Terrier Bitch. She is in the process of being diagnosed with epilepsy. I am waiting for final MRI results back to confirm nothing wrong with brain/spine.
She is normally a very fussy eater but since starting her anti fitting tablet she has picked up. I am considering putting her on a fully raw diet but im not really sure where to start. She is currentyl on the Eukanaba complete food with a little of the Natures menu raw feed added.
She is quite a lean little thing which i would rather have than an overweight dog. But her appetite has increased alot with the medication.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

NellRosk

Visit site
I am no expert but I used to feed my little JR x eukanuba and she was absolutely off her head! A few weeks into feeding raw she's so much better. I've started off with the Nutriment one and I'm planning on replacing this with raw meat/ bone and veg once she's used these up. I think there's a sticky at the top of this sub-forum with loads of info about raw and if you decide to feed a prepared raw food I found this website extremely helpful to compare the different ones as there's reviews, prices, ingredients etc: http://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/

Hope this helps a little!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Eukanuba:
Ingredients: Chicken (24%), maize, wheat, animal fat, sorghum, barley, poultry meal, dried beet pulp, chicken digest, dried whole egg, brewers dried yeast, potassium chloride, salt, sodium hexametaphosphate, fish oil, linseed, DL-methionine, EC permitted antioxidants

Maize, wheat and barley, EC permitted antioxidants often includes BHA/BHT, E numbers which are carcinogenic preservatives. Way too much cereal to be quality food. Price doesn't always equal quality, unfortunately, so stuff like Hills, Royal Canin look good because of the price but simply aren't.