Feeding a competing good doer for energy??

zoelouisem

Visit site
She regularly has breaks when she's done a bit and isn't jumped constantly. She hacks a lot and I box her to different places to hack too, goes XC schooling. She's only jumped at home in lessons no extras in between, as I'm really carefull not to sour her.
She's still keen jumping and getting double clears just a bit flat sometimes. She ate the oats at first and it was working well but now got fussy!!
She was having electrolytes when the weather was hot and when at away shows.
She's now been out since Tuesday and coming in Tommorow so going to the feed place before I pick her up and go from there.

SO1

Visit site
I forgot to say global herbs restore is a good tonic which I have used when my pony has been a bit run down after a virus and it gives him lots of energy and it helps them use the food more effectively. The ingredients are virtually the same as the the lami prone and it is suitable for good doers as long as you don't feed to much other fattening stuff.

I don't give him the restore when he is well as I think it would make him turbo charged but it can be used for competition horses.

star

Visit site
I've used naf enerG before and didn't find it made any difference.
I think with the work she's doing she needs some kind of feed to substain her just finding the right one as I've always fed straights.

The top spec turbo also looks good as it's an oil/oat type feed, has anybody that fed this found their horses ate it ok, that's one of my problems with the straight oats.

mine wolfs it down no probs. I also give him topspec performance cubes.

eggs

Visit site
Put my 15.2 Cleveland bay x oaf horse onto tiger oats yesterday - will let you know the outcome (or the consequences!)

Sorry to hijack this thread but where did you get your tiger oats from. Tried to order some from my feed merchants last week and they couldn't source them.

Futureformerlawyer

Visit site
Allen and page power and performance is great and I also feed naf NRgy with it. Allen and page are v helpful if you call there helpline. They recommended power and performance for my prone to fatness comp horse

Horsemad12

Visit site
I feed turbo and Maxapower. Works for my mare who can have lazy days, I describe it that she feels at her best more often.

Clarence09

Visit site
Please get some proper advice. Most of the Feed companies have a nutritionist who can give you good advice on the best products to use. Not all feed stores will have trained staff to offer nutritional advice whilst they may have experience in what works for their own horse, not all we be best placed to help you. It is really important that you ensure your horses diet is balanced feeding a little competition mix/racehorse mix for example might give you some additional energy but is unlikely to be balanced unless you are feeding at the manufacturers recommended quantity!