Feeding Advice Please and questions about Baileys feeds.

ellieplatt

Visit site
I'm currently feeding my TB Speedibeat, Alfa A, and baileys Lo-cal balancer (purely because its the only balancer my local tack shop stock), he has 2-3 feeds a day, (i feed all recommended amounts) He normally has a lunch if he's in at lunch time or I'm there to feed him at lunch time which is probably maybe 2-4 times a week, although i swap the baileys for a big scoop of nuts.

He is very slowly putting on weight and condition but I'm not happy so am considering feeding Baileys Top Line Cubes/Mix? - Any experiences on feeding that would be great and how much is a bag?

Also was looking at feeding Baileys Outshine possibly as a supplement though? - As above experiences and price, would feeding Outshine along side Top Line cubes/mix be best or would it still do the job along side bog standard pony nuts?

Any other recommendations of what to feed to help weight gain, condition and top line would be great. BTW he's a big 16.1hh chunky frame (yet to fill out fully) gangely TB if that helps :)

Thank you very much!

fizzer

Visit site
Years ago I had a poor arab, I fed him Baileys NO 4 and in around 6-8 weeks looked fab. I currently use Baileys Stud Balancer for my youngsters and they all look fab.

Heilo

Visit site
The baileys top line product is very good by itself. Helps them gain weight top line (though this is not my horses problem) and then maintain it well. The outshine I don't use but a friend does and her horse looks fab took her a long time to find the right feed as he is quite stressy.

floradora09

Visit site
We pay about £12/£13 pounds a bag of no. 4 I think. I fed it to my boy when he came to us to start with. He looked like this in april, a month after we bought him:
P4280077.jpg

And three months later, in July:
P7180095.jpg

Obviously not all down to the feed (spring grass always helps him!) but you can see the difference, especially over his quarters.

This winter I've fed him a combination of Alfa Oil, performance balancer and 600g of Outshine. He's been out all winter on Okish grazing (as in, enough to keep him eating but of little nutritional value!). He's a bit on the weedy side, but generally not too bad. He's back on his no. 4 now and will either stay on this, or switch to Pure feeds. I'm deliberating! :rolleyes:
Just for comparison:
P1060898.jpg

Personally I wouldn't use outshine as a joint supplement, as that's not really what it's designed for- I'd use something like cortaflex/riaflex/similar.

ellieplatt

Visit site
We pay about £12/£13 pounds a bag of no. 4 I think. I fed it to my boy when he came to us to start with. He looked like this in april, a month after we bought him:
P4280077.jpg

And three months later, in July:
P7180095.jpg

Obviously not all down to the feed (spring grass always helps him!) but you can see the difference, especially over his quarters.

This winter I've fed him a combination of Alfa Oil, performance balancer and 600g of Outshine. He's been out all winter on Okish grazing (as in, enough to keep him eating but of little nutritional value!). He's a bit on the weedy side, but generally not too bad. He's back on his no. 4 now and will either stay on this, or switch to Pure feeds. I'm deliberating! :rolleyes:
Just for comparison:
P1060898.jpg

Personally I wouldn't use outshine as a joint supplement, as that's not really what it's designed for- I'd use something like cortaflex/riaflex/similar.

All I can say is WOW what a difference! Deffinately look into feeding outshine now (hopefully) spring is on its way, and will look into pure feeds, thank you very much!

floradora09

Visit site
All I can say is WOW what a difference! Deffinately look into feeding outshine now (hopefully) spring is on its way, and will look into pure feeds, thank you very much!

No problem :) I *think* I'm going to keep him on no. 4 for a bit while he's a bit weedy, and then when the grass comes through and his belly becomes a bit too big for a TB I'll give the PF working mix a try.

I did actually have him on Bailey's performance balancer all last summer, but looking at the pics he doesn't look so rounded and with as much topline as he did on the no. 4... :eek:

Visit site
I feed my hunter (Appaloosa x) Baileys Topline Conditioning Cubes. He was struggling to hold his weight mid-January but I have been feeding him half a scoop of Conditioning Cubes every day and three weeks on he is looking much better. Would definitely recommend them. :)