Feeding advice please!

Mah740

New User
Visit site
Hi all, I've had my new boy (6 y.o. sports horse) for a few weeks now and I'm looking to put him on a feed alongside grass/hay. He's coming back into work and has gone from being out 24/7 to coming in over night and the combo of this has made him start to slim a bit before he's built up muscle. So, looking for something that will aid condition and maintain a healthy weight as he comes back into work, but not something that will make him fizzy! (He also can't have chaff as a dental precaution).

Any recommendations really appreciated. Would prefer to start simple and build up adding in extra feed if he needs, rather than starting with a full blown mix of 5 different things!

HeyMich

Visit site
Fast Fibre (Allen & Page) is great. It's a quick soaking mash which can be fed on its own or with a chaff (obviously not for you). It's high fibre, low starch, has added mins/vits, has pre-biotics, linseed, no cereal, molasses or alfalfa in. Pink Mash is similar but doesn't have the mins/vits I think, some folk love it though.

I'm also a huge fan of the Pure Feeds range, but the one I use is chaff based. They do a version of FF thmselves, I think it's called Pure Graze?

Micropony

Visit site
Mine does well on the Agrobs muesli. They don't need much. He looks super shiny, and has put on so much muscle since being on it, he's gone up a rug size. No fizziness, no cereal, it really suits him. I started feeding it due to ease, as it's what my YO has in her feed room and was a bit sceptical it didn't have enough protein to support sufficient muscle development, but have been proved wrong, can only assume it's more bioavailable than his previous feed. At £18 a bag it's not cheap, but that lasts him a month. He's a 16.1 WB. As he's not having much of it, I feed it with their balancer, which works out at £10 a month on top.

Follysmum

Visit site
Grass nuts/chaff are brilliant. I’m currently using graze on and they soak up quite quickly, good value also
I add linseed salt as a base and Equimins advance complete