feeding my baby :D

siani1989

Visit site
i have a 16months old apaloosa x hunter filly,she is currently 13.3hh and is expected to make approx 15hh , she is going to be a lovely middleweight,just wondered what you lot would feed her when the winter comes she has been out since april on grass very nice grass so have limited her feed, wha would you feed her when i bring her in ,. name anything and everything want her to have the correct stuff x x

scotsmare

www.creativewritingforaliving.co.uk
I would go with D&H Suregrow - about £15 a bag - which will make sure she gets all the vits/mins she needs. Then you can just go with nuts / chaff / beet as required.

Alternatively, you can use a stud / youngstock mix, but depending on whether she's a chubster you might be better off with the option above.

Lyndz

www.telfordwado-ryukarateclub.co.uk
We had ours on Redmills foal & yearling mix for a while, thenwhen he was older switched him on to D&H Mare & youngstock mix, with beet and chaff. He's 2 and growing up nicely, although he's gonna be way past the height we were told he was gonna be! Now he's on Top Spec Feed balancer, so he gets all he needs with out having to feed too much(what with all the grass we have)! It's expensive tho at 30 pounds a bag, however will be trying him on the Red Mills Gro-care when this bag starts to run out. That's only 18 pounds a bag! hope it helps some!

Spyda

Visit site
Bailey's Stud Balancer with chaff? Or AlfaA if he needs extra MJ's in winter. Mine look great on it, with ad-lib hay.

You only need to feed 750g per day of the Balancer and it provides 100% of the nutrition required for growing youngstock. I really recommend it now I've been using it for a few years.

My older horses are on Top Spec balancer. They all look great on that too.
smile.gif

kellyeaton

Visit site
i woul give spillers yound stock mix that will give everything she needs you will not have to add anything if she is getting feed the right bquanity but thats the same as anything!