Feeding quantities and times

galaxy

Visit site
Over the last month or so H has just been interested in breakfast. Once we are back late morning though he will eat it, but sometimes we are out and about till the afternoon.... He usually gets tea around 5pm so sometimes his 2 feeds are quite close together.

This afternoon I've wondered if I would matter if I just fed him once a day, mid afternoon time? I doubt he'd mind, but I wanted to check it would be ok to feed that quantity all at once? It would be 2 mug fulls of fish4dogs. He is 3 now.

galaxy

Visit site
On phone and that was meant to say NOT interested in his breakfast! Lol!

And yes I do put it down for 10 mins and take it up. But because I know he now won't have it I don't bother and have been giving it to him later.

moppett

Visit site
Mine only gets fed once a day at about 4pm. In the morning at about 6.30am she will have all of 5 pieces of kibble in a bowl as a token breakfast as that is when my parents lab is fed.

out of curiosity, how long to digest a meal? for example a chicken leg? If fed at 4pm, it would be early the next morning?

Echo24

Visit site
I would say it shouldn't be a problem, especially as he's not interested in his morning meal. Just see how it goes as sometimes one large meal can overload a dog's tummy.