Feeding without condition

baleofhay

Visit site
Hi I want to ensure my horse is getting everything he needs but I don’t want to add starch /calories /condition .
I thought the answer was a handful of light chaff with some top spec all in one (the one in the tub ) but he won’t eat it !! Any other suggestions , he’s not usually fussy .

baleofhay

Visit site
Hi I want to ensure my horse is getting everything he needs but I don’t want to add starch /calories /condition .
I thought the answer was a handful of light chaff with some top spec all in one (the one in the tub ) but he won’t eat it !! Any other suggestions , he’s not usually fussy .
He will eat the chaff but it’s the balancer he does not like .

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i assume you wanted to include my post in the quote, :) if he wont eat the balancer, do the same, get in touch with feed companies and ask for samples, they are usually really helpful

TGM

Visit site
Is it a powdered balancer? You could try mixing it with a little watery Speedibeet or Fast Fibre - soaked feeds hold a powder better than chaff I find. Or you could switch to one of the low cal pelleted balancers such as Spiller's Lite & Lean or Bailey's Lo Cal - most horses are happy to eat those on their own.

Leo Walker

Visit site
I fed pink mash and progressive earth when I didnt want calories or starch etc. It is soaked and a handful makes a sizeable feed to hide supplements in.