Feel dumb asking this....

shanti

Visit site
.... I just brought a Rhino rug and I don't know how to put it on 😂😂
I have only ever used rugs with 2 belly straps and leg straps.
How do I position the 3 belly straps, do they cross over in a specific way?
How tight/loose does the bum strap need to be.

Feeling like an idiot for asking but my problem solving skills are failing me today.

9tails

Visit site
Straight across for the belly straps.
Bum strap tight enough to lay under the tail but not dig in, not loose enough to be caught up in the legs.

AWinter

Visit site
One of life’s great mysteries. I always do the two outside straps as a cross over and the middle one straight across, not sure what the “right” way is.

9tails

Visit site
Usually you can tell by the angle the straps are sewn on. If they are angled as if they cross then cross them with the middle straight over. If they hang straight down, then just straight across. I think Rhinos cross but not 100%

I think you're right and they are angled, I've been putting on a fly rug with three straps and they go straight across but they're sewn on straight.

Annagain

Visit site
The first time I put the rug on, I push them under his belly from the side they're stitched on, making sure they lie completely flat. They'll naturally head in the direction they're supposed to so will give you an idea of which buckle to head for.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
I cross the 1st and 3rd straps as normal and do the middle strap last straight across.
This enables the outer straps to have enough length to move with the rug as normal, but the short middle strap prevents the horse getting his leg caught in the loop after lying down.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
If the first and third straps are set on angled, as in the Rambo turnouts, then you cross them and do the middle strap up straight.

This is a Rambo fly rug with all the straps set on straight, so these straps aren't to be crossed.

IMG_3698.jpeg

No, I don't know why Horseware make some rugs with triple belly straps that ought to be crossed, and some that ought not be crossed, either 🙃.

Same horse in a Rambo Wug with straps that need to be crossed - you can see that the straps are angled. Ignore the blue DriRug poking out underneath, this was a test fit of a brand new rug.

IMG_1496.jpeg

All clear now 🤣🤣?

shanti

Visit site
Thank you everyone. I don't normally rug but the rain is shocking here at the moment (apparently the expensive shelter is just there for ornamental purposes) and my young boy is very silly with his rug's and they always end up massively skewed to one side, so, I got this one in the hope that it would stay in place better but didn't want to put it on wrong and end up with the same issue 😂

Birker2020

Visit site
.... I just brought a Rhino rug and I don't know how to put it on 😂😂
I have only ever used rugs with 2 belly straps and leg straps.
How do I position the 3 belly straps, do they cross over in a specific way?
How tight/loose does the bum strap need to be.

Feeling like an idiot for asking but my problem solving skills are failing me today.
There are never any dumb questions, always better to ask x

albeg

Visit site
If the first and third straps are set on angled, as in the Rambo turnouts, then you cross them and do the middle strap up straight.

This is a Rambo fly rug with all the straps set on straight, so these straps aren't to be crossed.

View attachment 117751

No, I don't know why Horseware make some rugs with triple belly straps that ought to be crossed, and some that ought not be crossed, either 🙃.

Same horse in a Rambo Wug with straps that need to be crossed - you can see that the straps are angled. Ignore the blue DriRug poking out underneath, this was a test fit of a brand new rug.

View attachment 117755

All clear now 🤣🤣?

I'm a bit late but back in 2006 when I got a Duo from the Horseware factory shop, they told me short strap straight across first for stability and then cross the first and third as you would on a normal rug.