Feel like a failure :-(

PucciNPoni

Visit site
No one bellows (we would get a slap around the head for that :p) there's no point, dogs have ten times the hearing we do, there's no point in screaming.....

Hmmm, I don't particularly like it when people are overly strict and correcting every two seconds when they handle the dogs. But at the same time, I sure do find a loud NO in the right time and for the right reason (and perhaps after trying the more usual tone) does the trick. I almost use it for shock value to get the dog's undivided attention, even if it's just long enough to get them to rethink biting....

biccie1

Visit site
(I did get overheard sighing - not yelling :p - 'Oh puppy, stop being a dick' in the woods the other day by a jogger who had a good giggle on his way past :p)

Sounds familiar - I was overhearrd threatening to rehome the puppy yesterday when he was being a div out on a hack with me. The other riders looked concerned so I had to stop to reassure them he was quite safe (quietly adding "if he behaves" under my breath).

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Well after having said all that I am now quite hoarse thanks to a savage x-wind on the beach and a bit of football-induced hysteria.
Wot we learned today: Footballs are very high value. No footballs!!!