Feeling a bit emotional after finding a photo...

katie_southwest

Visit site
Of my little companion pony who I took on in April. Hes approx 30 years old, I almost forgot what he looked like when he first arrived :(

bouncerhandh2_zps21f41eea.jpg

Here he is now, the dear old boy :D

bouncerhandh_zps44f6ac7c.jpg

katie_southwest

Visit site
How did you manage to turn him around he looks great for his age or even if he was ten years younger :)

Had his teeth sorted out (he could barely eat)
Wormed him
De loused him
Decent grass
and 2 big sloppy feeds of fast fibre and chaff a day, with benevit.

Within 5 months he has completely changed, and he whinnyed to me for the first time in those 5 months last friday when I came through the gate.

I love him as if he had always been mine :)

mightymammoth

Visit site
you've done a great job, so heartbreaking that he was allowed to get in that state the poor old boy, makes me think of so many others who are not as lucky as him.

Would love to see more photos of him :)

katie_southwest

Visit site
Thank you :) he's such a lovely little boy, I'm just sad that we didn't have more years together but he is safe now and will be looked after how an oldie should be :)

jaijai

Visit site
What a lovely storey - must admit that it has brought a tear to my eye. He looks fab now and I am sure he knows he has 'landed on all four hooves' with you. :D:D

katie_southwest

Visit site
Jaijai I hope he does :)
Caught me off guard I just found the photo as I was going through my computer, didn't realise I even had it. Dear old boy, at least its happy tears / emotion!!!

SadKen

Visit site
Ahh he's adorable. This is such a happy story, it has really put a smile on my face! OP you are definitely going to heaven or some other equally pleasant non-denominational nirvana.