Feeling a little apprehensive

TicTac

Visit site
I have just bought myself another horse. He's a strapping big irish TB and an ex racehorse over jumps. He's 11 years old and not without his lumps and bumps. However he did pass his vetting today. But it was mentioned that his ' jumpers bump' was probably caused by an injury at some point but that he was not lame so not bothering him.

Over the last few years I have had such poor luck with horses loosing 3 over the last 10 years due to injury. My beautiful mare Tictac at the age of 12 is now retired and going to live out the rest of her days in the rolling country side with a friend and other horses.

I know there is no guarantee when buying a horse but I am now thinking what if this, that and the other. I.ve paid for him now so he is mine and he arrives on friday but it doesn't stop be feeling a little apprehensive and wondering if I have done the right thing or not.

I know all about the pitfalls of tb's / ex racehorses as I've had a couple in the past, many many years ago and in those days If I liked what I saw I bought it and never bothered to have horses vetted.

I know one thing for sure though. This will definitely be my last!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
I have no real advice, but don't let 'what if's' get in the way of enjoying what should be a very exciting time! I'm sure everything will be great and you will have bags of fun together. :D

bonny

Visit site
I've bought quite a few horses over the years and I always get a massive case of cold feet once a deal is final ! Suddenly I can see more con's than pro's until the horse arrives and then I feel ok ....don't worry or at least try not to worry, an ex nh horse is usually a good buy and I'm sure you will be fine. Can I ask what his name is ?

Emilieu

Visit site
I did this too and couldn't relax till he was on the yard. Sometimes the panic overtakes me again for no reason :( I think it just comes with the territory, especially if you've had bad luck in the past.
I'm sure he'll be wonderful, love an ex racer!x

TicTac

Visit site
I've bought quite a few horses over the years and I always get a massive case of cold feet once a deal is final ! Suddenly I can see more con's than pro's until the horse arrives and then I feel ok ....don't worry or at least try not to worry, an ex nh horse is usually a good buy and I'm sure you will be fine. Can I ask what his name is ?

He's called Stockton Flyer. Here he is now

Spike2.jpg

and in his racing days

Spike.jpg