Feeling really deflated

not_with_it

Visit site
Why is it that just when things are going well life throws a spanner in the works. I just feel like having a major tantrum.

Gin has been going really well. For those that dont know she damaged her sacroiliac 3 years ago and things were looking grim. She had a foal and came back into work this time last year and we took things really slowly.
Well, she has been going better than ever and feels fantastic. My plan was to start competing her again in the spring.

There is always problem after problem at my yard but it usually blows over. The issue is usually over money. The YO is always wanting more money and charging extra for things like boiling the kettle, turning the lights on or we use too much water and its expensive.
Things had settled down and I had decided to stick it out for winter. I have today moved all my matting and put up the fixtures and fittings ready for when they come in.
I went to see the YO to pay my livery only to be told I missed a month in December last year and still owed her for it! I have never missed a month and always pay on time. I was flabbergasted.:eek:
Last month I was told that I owed money as I didnt pay the full amount in april! I think I know where the money has gone:mad: but as I pay cash I have no proof that the full amount has been paid. I am sooo mad. There is no way I can stay at the yard now. I have been looking to move for a while but everything is coming up blank.

I have found a lovely yard that would be perfect if only it had a school. Gin isnt good to hack alone and I dont have a box. I think I have visited every yard in the area and I now feel like hitting my head against a brick wall.

I think I need to move areas!:D

kerilli

Visit site
it's unacceptable for her to claim NOW that you are in arrears from yonks ago. ask straight if she actually wants you to leave, or not. as for charging extra for boiling the kettle etc... ffs. that's unbelievable. i'd get out asap, find somewhere with someone to hack out with maybe? try private yards, they might be happy to have 1 extra?

not_with_it

Visit site
But thats the annoying thing, I dont owe her a penny. I have paid in full every month.

This is the second time in 2 months. The first time I gave it to her OH to pass on, shes claiming she only got half of it.

Turns out she has said the same thing to one of the other liveries.

She's losing the plot and I need a miracle.

diggerbez

Visit site
tell her to prove it and then get yourself moved pronto. perhaps put an add in tack shops as a private person may be looking for an extra? what area are you in? might be worth asking for suggestions on here?

crabbymare

Visit site
Until you can move which I would do as soon as you can find somewhere else, could you insist on paying either by cheque or direct into her bank account? That way you would have proof of whats been paid and when. Only other thing you can do is get whoever you pay to sign a receipt for cash but I doubt they will like that one.
Not a nice position to be in, what area of Yorkshire are you in, someone on here may know of a yard with vacancy coming up.

Dizzydusty

Visit site
I would be a. paying by cheque every month and b. asking why she has left it 9 months to remind you that you owed a months livery back in December. I am one of the only ones on my yard that pays by cheque, but I am also one of the only ones that has proof that its been paid and how much! Been caught out to many times by paying cash!

Best of luck!!

not_with_it

Visit site
Thanks for the responses.
I am currently hunting for another yard as we speak. (Although I have to wait for the sky man to finish fixing my tv before I can leave the house:rolleyes:)
I have given her a cheque which will take me up to the 21st of next month which gives me a month to get out of there.

_jetset_

Visit site
You need to ask for a full copy of all invoices from the day you moved on... If she is running a livery business, she will need to run it all through the books!

not_with_it

Visit site
You need to ask for a full copy of all invoices from the day you moved on... If she is running a livery business, she will need to run it all through the books!

I fear it isnt going through the books. I wrote her out a cheque this morning which was made payable to their other business. She wanted me to leave it blank and she said she would write in who it was payable to as she couldnt decide, I told her I wasnt writing it out until she told me who to write it to.

I have learnt my lesson the hard way and I'm now really struggling to find a yard.

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
QR Personally I'd be politely reminding her what you do for a living ;) and ask her if you'd like a colleague to investigate the missing cash! Also offer to send round security colleagues to offer advice to beef up and improve her security so avoid this issue in the future:D

Until you can find another yard, I would definatley be asking whomever you give the cash to to sign and date a receipt and you both keep a copy.

Good luck with the search.

not_with_it

Visit site
QR Personally I'd be politely reminding her what you do for a living ;) and ask her if you'd like a colleague to investigate the missing cash! Also offer to send round security colleagues to offer advice to beef up and improve her security so avoid this issue in the future:D

Until you can find another yard, I would definatley be asking whomever you give the cash to to sign and date a receipt and you both keep a copy.

Good luck with the search.

Either she is seriously losing the plot or her OH has pocketed the cash. Either is possible :rolleyes:
They live in their own little bubble, I could go on for hours but probably best not on a public forum :D