Pictures Feeling so lucky..!!!

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
I really feel like I've struck gold with this boy. Rex was backed etc earlier this year but, due to covid and not being able to get instruction/experienced help, he has been turned away just relaxing. In the 18 months I've had him he's not left the farm apart from 9 weeks of backing and can get worried when the others leave him etc.
After trying to take the advice of people on here who have said to get him doing things and working I decided 2 weeks ago to start walking him out in hand for a few weeks before we progress to long reining.
I just cannot believe my luck, he isn't fazed by anything..!!! We've walked in traffic, over a bridge that goes over the A5 where he stood and watched the vehicles disappear under his feet (his face was a picture ?), through a building site, past road signs, work skips, sheep, cows, wheelie bins etc. The only thing that worried him was a very large log lorry with blue neon lights in the cab....he leapt sideways lol. He didn't give a toss about leaving the others, though did neigh right down my ear on the way home when he heard them ?‍♀️
He's super nosey and likes to look at everything but in a curious rather than spooky way.
It's given me even more of a kick up the backside to lose the remaining weight so I can finally ride him ?
(Excuse the bridle, I had a dipshit moment putting it together after cleaning and didn't realise til it was pretty much on ??)
20201125_222218_resize_85.jpg20201125_142908_resize_25.jpg

doodle

Visit site
I have done the noseband thing. One time I set off and realised it was over the check piece on the far side. The other time I had managed to put the noseband through the bit ring and done it up ?