Feeling very depressed...

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Am an emotional wreck today, very sad mum is leaving for nearly 2mths, but also am worn to a frazzle by all the backbiting and bitching at the yard; Yesterday I find out that someone I've been perfectly friendly with all this time, and who in fact stepped forward to stick up for me and PF when they wanted to usurp our stable (for not owning property in the housing 'complex' thingy) has suddenly decided that I shouldn't really be entitled to a box... Where did that come from??? Also, I've started taking Ulla to the yard. Mostly she stays in the car, but if it's not too busy I tie her up (loose dogs are not allowed, but people regularly take their pooches on leads on the yard) My taking Ulla has also p:ssed this person off and will no doubt be stirring a bit more sh:t for me...
I'm sooooo fed up. I'd leave if this wasn't the best yard for PF in terms of care/turn out. Nothing else comes close!! Why are people so petty and mean? We've always been on really good terms I don't understand what's got his goat now and frankly I've exhausted myself trying to think WHAT could possibly have set this off...
Sorry, feeling very sorry for myself
frown.gif

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I know I shouldn't pay attention, but when you try as hard as I do to help everyone out, be nice, friendly etc, it's really hurtful when someone 'turns' on you! YM is a really sweet chap, but he just wants everyone to 'get along'... He's not at the yard much either.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Bad luck, keep your chin up. The thing with bitchy yards is you are flavour of the month one week and an outcast the next. It will be some other poor s*ds turn by next week, so don't worry too much.

ruscara

Visit site
Oh dear. I can't help, but I can send my very best hopes that this resolves itself very quickly. How miserable for you, and so hurtful, too.
frown.gif
Why, o why, are people like that?

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
Bad luck, keep your chin up. The thing with bitchy yards is you are flavour of the month one week and an outcast the next.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is so true!! This bloke is only at yard at weekends. I think I'll just try and avoid him... I wondered why he was a bit 'arsey' with me at the weekend... next time he gives me attitude I'll ask him upfront what the problem is. I wonder if someone else hasn't been telling him pork pies...

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Thanks Caroline... It baffles me when grown-ups behave like kids, talking behind people's backs. There really is no reason for it; it's not like my being there or not makes a jot of difference to how/when he rides/ how his horse is looked after, etc....
Pure pettiness!

ruscara

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bad luck, keep your chin up. The thing with bitchy yards is you are flavour of the month one week and an outcast the next.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is so true!! This bloke is only at yard at weekends. I think I'll just try and avoid him... I wondered why he was a bit 'arsey' with me at the weekend... next time he gives me attitude I'll ask him upfront what the problem is. I wonder if someone else hasn't been telling him pork pies...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably it!! Someone has been saying things about you!! I wonder who??? Just go to this guy and ask him!

EllieBeast

Visit site
oh, PF!!!! so sorry to hear this. Believe me, i know how bitchy yards can be (my last one had only 4 liveries, and as i was the only one who refused to bitch, everyone ganged on me. result - me never wanting to go there thus ruining my enjoyment of Ellie.)
i thank my lucky stars that new yard, although much bigger, is extremely friendly.
Has this 'retard' got any reason for suddenly taking a dislike? have you recently achieved anything to make him jelous? try having a chat with him, as you said. it may just be a misunderstanding.
failing that, get PF to give her 'twin sister' a call, she will happily sit on him for you!
Hugs,
Sarah xXx

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
No reason at all for him to be p:ssed off at me, unless he's jealous that I (and 2 other people) have made private paddocks for our neds (course someone else complained about that because they're unsightly... *sigh*)
He doesn't compete, doesn't jump... we don't even use the school at the same time... AND he's pretty good mates with an uncle of mine (they were in the army together) I'm baffled, but I WILL ask what his problem is next time I see him.
I think I might need the services of the Beastie
smile.gif

EllieBeast

Visit site
It sounds to me like he has been fed some lies. as if anyone would complain about paddocks!! it is a YARD isnt it?
blush.gif

Am on my way to posting Ellie over. do you reckon she would fit through the letterbox? she would be very happy to flatten him
tongue.gif

Sarah xXx

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Ah, yes it is a yard with too many horses for the stables/pens, There's some unfenced land that belongs to stables and is intended for more paddocks. The yard hasnt' been able to afford to put up the fencing so some of us (with YM permission) have obligingly done it for nothing.... Neighbour (who after all bought the house right next to the yard so no bloody surprise there'll be horses there) has kicked up merry hell...
Got a nice big letterbox for Ellie
smile.gif

EllieBeast

Visit site
Some people really have no clue do they? good good. will send her first class. the mail man better be strong, carrying her on his bicycle!!
Sarah xXx

_jetset_

Visit site
Oh PF... why are bloody horse people so bitchy!

I really really don't get it... People rent a stable for their horse so they can go down and spend time with them. So why do people insist of sticking their noses in other people's business, bitching, making a clique etc etc?!

When I go to the yard I do Han and come home. I don't go down there for a social time, as I have friends and nights out for that. Yes it's nice having a chat, and I have made some really nice friends through owning Hannah, but a lot of the time I just spend time with hannah which is what i own her for!

God, it makes me so mad!

Chin up PF and don't let them bully you into leaving or not taking your pooch if other people do... I know it's easy for me to say when I am not in your situation, but just ignore them and do PF and spend time with her. Let their comments ride over your head and they will soon realise you are simply not interested in what they have to say!

_jetset_

Visit site
It's hard I know... but sometimes you have to ride it out or move and in your case you don't want to move as it's the best place for PF!

I nearly moved a few months back because of a few issues on my yard but YO offered me a stable at the bottom yard where her house is and I have never been happier! I love it down there... so you never know, things happen for a reason!

riotgirl

Visit site
Aww hun, it makes me sad to read this - you are usually one of the happiest out of us lot! Maybe a lot of it is to do with your mum going away. Mine has been away for 3 weeks so far (back at the weekend) and I have been a lot more down than usual. Strange really, because within 5 mins of her being home I can guarantee we will have annoyed one another!

parsley

Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that you are having a miserable time
frown.gif
I know that it can be very hurtful and tiring when something like this happens. I think that as someone has already said - people tend to be nice and then nasty on yards - its not much comfort now but it is likely that this person will get over their problem soon - and remember it IS thier problem, not yours

Niamhy

photobucket.com
Chin up hun, dont let the fecker get you down. Id ask him straight out what his bloody problem was!!

Im sure you'll be fine, Id say your down over your mam going. You be flying again in no time!