Feeling very frightened

Ahrena

Visit site
Big hugs - eventually this is the last act of kindness we can do for them, and as hard as it is, it's the right thing to do.

Jill Crewe

Visit site
Thoughts are with you, having gone through it myself I know how you are feeling. No words can make it better and nothing can make it easier. A horrible time for you but you will make it through it because you have to. Hugs xxx

Auslander

Visit site
It's the mos difficult decision to have to make, but you know deep down that its the right one for her. You've given her a nice life, with lots of love, and now you're doing whats best for her.
Do you have anyone with you for when it happens? I don't know if you're planning to be with her or not (and there's no shame in not), but either way - you will need a hug.

Mrs B

Visit site
So very sorry. Tonight, waiting, is the worst part. Just do your best to endure the next few hours knowing that you are doing the best and kindest thing anyone can do for their horse.

We'll all be thinking of you tomorrow: many of us have been there before and will be again... and we are sending you all the strength we can to get you through the day.

And the relief, then guilt because of that relief afterwards? It's normal.

The one thing you most certainly haven't done is failed her.

Safe journey, Dizzy and hugs to you Ami. x

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
I've welled up reading your post. I am so sorry, there are no words that can take the pain away, so I am going to send you (((((((((HUGS))))))), and will be thinking of you both tomorrow.

What you are doing is the very kindest thing you can ever do for an animal that can no longer stay here without pain.

My heart goes out to you. xx

AmiRobertson

Visit site
Thank you everyone the support is overwhelming. I will be there right until the end, I know nothing can prepare me for that but I know I will regret if I am not I love this horse and I want to be there for her all the way to the very end.

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Oh lovely, she will be so much more relaxed with you there. It is over very quickly, and peacefully. Don't be scared - you sound very strong to me. xx

showpony

Visit site
You are so so strong to be there for her tomoro, but take comfort in the fact it will be you she sees before she goes. And am sure it was lovely to not give a toss earlier and feed her her weight in apples:)
Thank you everyone the support is overwhelming. I will be there right until the end, I know nothing can prepare me for that but I know I will regret if I am not I love this horse and I want to be there for her all the way to the very end.

AmiRobertson

Visit site
You are so so strong to be there for her tomoro, but take comfort in the fact it will be you she sees before she goes. And am sure it was lovely to not give a toss earlier and feed her her weight in apples:)

It was showpony. Because of her feet she hasn't been able to have any treats and now she has had loads she is a very happy horsey.
I remember I put a video on here a while ago of me riding her (after she had had physio and other treatments) and you commented that she didn't look right.

Again thank you for everyone's support not just today but over the past year xx

Adopter

Visit site
Sending thoughts and hugs for tomorrow. It is a very difficult time, but you are giving your last gift to Dizzy, to be free of pain.

Will be thinking about you tomorrow, and sending vibes that you find strength to help you with your sorrow.

Fools Motto

Visit site
Thinking of you, and remember although sad as it is, be very proud of what you have done with her and for her. She will thank you for it. x

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Nothing I can say to make this better for you and I totally understand the bit you say about her looking normal due to the drugs which makes it so so difficult.
You are doing the kindest most loving thing for your horse.
Hugs xxx

Jaycee

Visit site
Thinking of you on this very difficult day. Someone sent me this poem when I lost my lad and to me it said it all.

If the day should come when I'm in pain,
And you know I won't be well again,
Promise you'll do what must be done,
If this is the battle that can't be won.

It'll break your heart, but please be kind,
Don't let your grieving sway your mind.
For this is when you'll let me see
Just how much you do love me.

Together we've had happy years
The future now can hold no fears.
Please don't let me suffer
so When that days comes, please let me go.

For my usual vet please will you send?
But stay with me until the end.
Hold me steady, speak to me
Till my once bright eyes no longer see

In time I hope you'll come to see
It's the last kindness you'll do for me
One more time please stroke my mane
And know that I'll have no more pain.

And don't be sad that it was you
Who decided this was what to do.
We've been such buddies through the years
Don't let me be the cause of tears.