Felix Buhler Bridles

Redders

Visit site
Hey, does anyone have the Felix Buhler Claridge House Flash Bridle Kandy?
I am considering it for my mare. I like the idea of the anatomical cut headpieces and padding on anatomical bridles but not keen on the nose bands. I have found this which has a cavasson (with flash which I’ll remove anyway) and the head piece looks ‘nice’ I guess if you have a horse head?!
no issues, just think it might be nicer for her! She has had her current bridle since I got her, headpiece which isn’t padded but has the over the top nose band fitting - my googling has told me these are known as comfort bridles.
I sadly cannot stretch to schockemole or the likes, and PS of Sweden is sadly out of my range too!
I would just look for a headpiece but can’t be doing with faffing measuring my cheek piece fittings and things and knowing my luck, I would measure wrong and they wouldn’t fit together ?‍♀️
interested in space for ears, is the padding soft, does your horse like it etc. I like it because it’s slightly blingy and doesn’t look too ‘fussy’
Thanks all!

Last edited:

SpotsandBays

Visit site
I have a Felix buhler anatomical (the one with the micklem style noseband), and it’s a nice bridle! Good space for ears, the padding there is soft but not bulky. I did find the leather initially looks abit odd, almost synthetic? - but once it had worn in abit it looked more “normal”

Redders

Visit site
Thank you! I bit the bullet and ordered one. Thanks for saying about the leather, once I’ve tried it on and am sure it fits, I’ll give it a good condition and hopefully that will move it along to looking more normal leather!

SpotsandBays

Visit site
Thank you! I bit the bullet and ordered one. Thanks for saying about the leather, once I’ve tried it on and am sure it fits, I’ll give it a good condition and hopefully that will move it along to looking more normal leather!
Definitely, I found giving it a good go over with a conditioner really helped ?