Fencing

Skyebald

Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has used stock fencing with just electric tape above and no rail for either a boundary fence of dividing one?

In the process of sorting out new fencing :(

I know the rail would look nice but then you need to add tape to prevent chewing :rolleyes:

Thanks guys

rema

Visit site
Yes i use this method and find it works very well.I do go round every few months to just tighten up the tape as it does stretch a little bit.Mine was plugged into the mains via an energiser too.

Edited to add i use the 40mm tape instead of the 20mm tape.

OWLIE185

Visit site
I use post and rail with Equi-fencing (a tight form of sheep netting) on it. Prevents horses kicking through the fencing and also strengthens it. Also very secure.

Skyebald

Visit site
Thanks, I was intending to use the 40 mm tape. Got barbed wire at the moment so has to be better than that .

I know rails look pretty but at the moment I can't really afford rails and electric tape

becca1305

Visit site
I use the same/similar as martlin for boundary fencing. Special horse netting so the holes are smaller in the netting with a thin electrified rope on top. Mine also all has hedging behind though so I use it mainly as monkey pony is adapt at making small hedge holes bigger and tummy wriggling a way through so this way I don't have to worry and inspect every minute hole :D. If I was using it as a dividing fence I would attach something like these http://www.agri-supply.co.uk/10-x-offset-flexibar-600-pigtail-insulators/ on every other post with electrified rope through them. I have similar single ones to keep monster pony off my boundary post and rail by the gate area and they work well :)

Last edited:

Skyebald

Visit site
I was hoping to get some sort of equi net but they seem to be about 4 x price of stock fencing so may have to wait a while to change to that. Mine are barefoot and not had any problems apart from my mare stamping at/on it to try and get it down but then its not as tight as it should be - hence new fencing required :D