Field fencing?

bellaboo

Visit site
What is the best type of fencing to fence a field in two?

At the moment it has been divided with wooden posts and two strands of poly rope to keep mares and geldings apart, this is fine but when the filly is in season and flirting with the gelding they tend to strike out at each other catching the fencing, and this morning it was almost down
frown.gif
We don't have enough grazing to keep them in completely seperate fields and the yard owner won't put up anymore fencing (her horses are currently roaming between three different fields as she won't repair fencing
frown.gif
)

So i need to find the best cost effective fencing to divide them up, it's going to have to come out of my pocket and can't be permanent, is my only option electric fencing? If so how can we stop them striking out and pulling it down?

Any idea's gratefully received
grin.gif

marley1

Visit site
Maybe try putting two rows of electric fencing, so they cant even nose to nose without getting a bolt of the fence??

bellaboo

Visit site
That would be an idea, just be a pain in the backside to have to go through two gateways of fencing to get horses out, but something to think about, thanks