Field shelter

The Jokers Girl

Visit site
If you go the whole hog, I can recommend getting a permanent shelter put in on a concrete base. My field shelters are built to the same specification and by the same firm as my stables. They have lined roofs and are anchored to the concrete base with steel bolts.

I have rubber mats over the concrete. All my horses love their shelters and use them year round. I did need planning permission. This is the 30' x 12', I also have a 20' x 12', both with dual entrances.

View attachment 88775
I love this shelter and screenshot everytime you post it.
At my new place there are 3 stables next to the hay field used as a hay barn.
We are converting those to a shelter and having a barn built nearer the stables for hay.
Definitely showing the carpenter this design and hoping he can be inspired by it ?

lozzles

Visit site
We use rubber mats over bare earth in the shelter and put wood pellets and straw over them in the winter to stop it being slippy. Never had an issue with it being soggy inside

Thundering

Visit site
Have a word with the guys at Fallen Oak Timber Buildings on Facebook. They supplied mine. Really helpful and very reasonably priced.
My old boy has lived out for about 6 years now, I could never do that without a field shelter. It’s great for him as he loves the shelter and he can go in and out as he pleases. He has arthritis so if he spends a night in a stable he stiffens up a lot.
I am looking at this company now. What is the quality like if you do not mind me asking?

Bionic Boy

Visit site
I am looking at this company now. What is the quality like if you do not mind me asking?
Mine is absolutely excellent. We have had some strong winds since having it put up and it has manned up to its job.
It all comes treated too so you don’t have to worry about doing that either.

claracanter

Visit site
I have one from
https://www.williamsonsofpentney.co.uk/ and I would recommend them if you are within their area of delivery. They will deliver and erect if for you.

It has been great. You can rent them and pay monthly so you don’t have to buy outright. I did this for a while but was so pleased with it, I paid the difference and bought it.
We live in an exposed area with very high winds and it is totally secure. It’s on wooden skids so I didn’t need planning permission

Thundering

Visit site
I have one from
https://www.williamsonsofpentney.co.uk/ and I would recommend them if you are within their area of delivery. They will deliver and erect if for you.

It has been great. You can rent them and pay monthly so you don’t have to buy outright. I did this for a while but was so pleased with it, I paid the difference and bought it.
We live in an exposed area with very high winds and it is totally secure. It’s on wooden skids so I didn’t need planning permission
Thats interesting. Thank you. I may be just out of their area but have messaged them to find out.

Thundering

Visit site
Has anyone else used the people above please. I am trying to work out if it would be a good idea to rent from them before buying.

Bionic Boy

Visit site
Thank you, he looks happy anyway! Do you have problems with mud at all? Do you use any flooring or bedding,

No problems with mud inside, it gets a bit muddy outside during the winter where he walks in and out but it soon recovers and flattens itself out.
I don’t use any flooring or bedding.