Field Shelters and Planning? Confused :S

Holzdweaver

Visit site
I know that (depending on council) you can build a field shelter on skids as that would make it mobile and therefore doesnt require planning permission.

But my question is, if it can be easily dismantled, not on concrete or hardstanding would that require planning permission? :confused::confused:

A friend has offered to build me some sturdy panels, 4ft and 3ft wide by 6-7ft tall that i can bolt them together (in a few ticks as he put it lol) to make a 12ft by 9ft shelter, the roof would be in two sections, put on and bolted securely down. It wouldnt be on skids (but could possibly aquire some and attach on the bottom if needed just for 'show' XD) as i dont drive and dont know anyone with a powerful enough vehicle to move it, plus it would have to go up a steep hill.

The reason i want it to be movable (well to be taken down) is that i want to be able to move it between my summer and winter paddocks. As well as not having to get planning rofl :p

So is 'mobile' classed as skids, or would dismantling and rebuilding be sufficient?

any light on this subject would be gratefully received :D

w1bbler

Visit site
talk to your local council planning dept. mine were very helpful & basically said that any 3 sided timber shelter was OK - so long as it looked plausible to move it then was unlikely to get any interest from them.
As you will be moving it twice a year then I think should easily fit into that category.
This is in Devon - might be worth checking with your local council.