Field to 5k

Leam_Carrie

Visit site
So my mini Shetland is a little bit bigger than he should be going into spring. He needs to lose weight and I need to get fitter for dressage, so thinking field (couch) to 5k for us both. I take it interval training is fine for ponies?

We had a go tonight in the snow, so week 1 session 1 done. My horse felt left out so galloped around a bit, then trotted with us ?. Did it in the field as she’s not good being left. We would have made a funny sight! I’ll try to do some ride and lead as well.

Might have to give footwear some though, did wellies tonight. Maybe should swap to trainers as long as not too wet.

Britestar

Visit site
I did C25k last year and have continued running. The other week I said I was going to start taking my unridden pony with me on local runs.
He enjoys in hand work and is more than happy to jog along side me. He's good with traffic, and will make a change from long reining.

luckyoldme

Visit site
I have no idea about the pony but I've done couch to 5k and moved up to run s bit further.
My number one piece of advice is stretches!
As I got on to running further I became lame due to not warming up and stretching when I finished...a few months on and I'm still not completely sound!

Leam_Carrie

Visit site
'He needs to lose weight and you need to get fitter for dressage'. You are going to rock that dressage on that little beauty.

Me and Monty doing dressage would be a sight. I’d definitely squish him. He was doing some good moves on our first run. He also fancies himself with airs above the ground.