Filtabac Users

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Anyone noticed a change in this brilliant product ? new pot is so runny, nothing like the last pot which was a paste. To be fair once applied it does cover the skin and dries quickly but it is tricky to put on.

Maybe I just have a faulty pot ?

Sealine

Visit site
I bought it for the first time last year. Mine is in a tube and is described as a cream but a lotion would be a more accurate description.

SEL

Visit site
Anyone noticed a change in this brilliant product ? new pot is so runny, nothing like the last pot which was a paste. To be fair once applied it does cover the skin and dries quickly but it is tricky to put on.

Maybe I just have a faulty pot ?
I've just got a pot from hyperdrug and its sudocream type texture.

Annagain

Visit site
I'm still on the pot I bought two years ago but I'm sure I read another thread a couple of months back saying exactly the same thing.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
The new stuff I bought was runny. Much preferred the old formula that was more paste like. I got some Red Horse Products HoneyHeal to try instead.

Steerpike

Visit site
Mine is more like a lotion, I just wear a disposable glove to put it on, dip my finger in and smear over their nose, mine aren't keen on having stuff put on so the glove just means I stay clean!

Surbie

Visit site
Mine's really thick, sudocream consistency and dries to a powdery finish quickly.

Mine's in a tube.

Rosiebelle

Visit site
I bought a pot last year that was really runny which wasn't as good. Just bought a new tub from hyper drug and it it like the old formula which I preferred. I did e mail the company and they told me they had changed the formula

silv

Visit site
Definitely changed formula and nowhere near as good. It used to stay on really well and you could keep adding layers to it which you cannot do with the new stuff. I stopped using it and apply zinc as castor oil cream now or a nose mask.

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
Mines a new tube and it's like water. Just like a very thin lotion and doesn't stay on at all. Anything similar to the old formular available? Won't be using the new tube again as it's just useless

monte1

Visit site
I also had the thicker, sudocrem type texture in one tube but the newer one i bought is much runnier-( at first i thought i had a defective or out of date tube - until reading this thread !)
I find if I give the tube a good shake before using that it helps a bit- much prefer the thicker texture- as others have already said - :-( why do they have to change something that works so well !

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Manufacturer of Filtabac has responded to my email as below. I don't think they could be any more fair and honest.

Thank you for your email contact.
That is very concerning and we have not changed the formulation. However
last year we did a recall on product that had phase inversion which caused
it to become runny. Some stock may have not been accounted for in some
stores, stockists. We supply direct to wholesalers therefore don’t know
where it goes from there - the alert was distributed out from these
wholesalers.

Please supply the batch number, the number of pots you have like this and
where you purchased it from, your mailing address so we can send you out
replacement product.

I do apologise for this inconvenience and our product should definitely be
fit for purpose and a thick yoghurt type consistency.

monte1

Visit site
I had exactly the same response back from them on Friday and are sending me a replacement tube- well done Filtabac- excellent customer service !!!

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Well done Filta-Bac. I love the stuff. My current pot was bought last autumn and it's fine. I like the thickness because you can plaster it on and turn the horse out in the field, knowing that it will stay on even after it rains.

Lucky788

Visit site
Mine's really thick, sudocream consistency and dries to a powdery finish quickly.

Mine's in a tube.
Ditto just brought another tube off amazon last week

Great to hear such good customer service. It’s been a revelation finding this as other suncreams just rubbed off!

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
Very happy with the customer service from filtabac. Sent them batch number and place of purchase (ebay) and they sent me out a huge replacement pot with a free pen and sticky notes. New pot is fab, thick and creamy and doing a fantastic job of keeping my girls nose free from scabs :)