Pictures Fin has arrived...

ImmyS

Visit site
ImmyS - you are far too glamorous to be a horsey person ;)
I don't look that good when I am going out for a smart meal and I am making an effort!

?? god I’m really not! My mum is not impressed I’ve got another horse as she knows there’s now no chance she will see me in a dress looking girly! ?

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
He is absolutely glorious, congratulations! I think you'll bring each other much happiness.

I am another also stunned by your grass - if ours ever saw that I think they'd explode on the spot! I expect Fin is in heaven and looks like you are too :D

ImmyS

Visit site
So Fin had a bridle on for first time with me today and his first little walk out on the roads. We have a very short but busy stint before we get to quiet lanes and tracks and although I know he’s seen the odd car, I don’t think he’s been exposed to much due to being in such a rural area in Ireland. He was an absolute dude, didn’t bat an eye at any traffic and not spooky at considering it’s bin day too!
As you can see he seems very relaxed about the whole thing!
Please ignore the branch I am holding, I don’t think he has ever been lead from the right hand side before so just needed it as an extension of my arm to guide him forward! ☺️

D4372198-7915-44E5-8358-B5F3A620681E.jpeg069471DD-C880-4215-B9A3-00E763A8B763.jpeg

ImmyS

Visit site
Just a little update of Fin.

He’s settled in super well and he’s just the most loving and friendly character. We are buying another ridden horse for my boyfriend’s mum to get back into riding after a long break and we was hoping to have said horse by the time Fin arrived however it’s proven a lot more difficult to find something than we thought! So although not ideal Fin has been turned out alone with horses over the fence. Obviously being 3 he would really benefit from some horsey company so my lovely instructor is bringing one of her ponies over on Monday to be with him for the next 4-6 weeks until he goes back to her yard to be ‘ridden away’. And we’re hoping by then we would have also found a suitable horse to buy!

I have just been spending time getting to know Fin, mostly just handling and grooming him, with some in hand walks around the village and he’s just completely unflappable. Considering he came from an extremely rural area he’s taken to all the new sights and sounds in his stride. We’ve met double decker buses, diggers, prams, lots of dogs, children on trikes and scooters, cement lorries etc and he hasn’t batted an eye. I’m so excited for his future!

He is such a gentle soul too, he met my nephew yesterday who loved him!

4096C3D4-AA0F-4EE9-AC62-FD0F2726CEAA.jpeg4824206F-5869-437D-9DBF-25EF488A95E3.jpeg

ImmyS

Visit site
So we finally found second horse to be my boyfriends mum’s hacking horse and a companion to Fin. A lovely 14 year old ex racer and they are already best buds! So lovely to see them together and happy field mates.

Fin has continued to be walked out around the village and has had a saddle on. He also had his first dentist visit and was good as gold for her. Really pleased
with him, such a sensible boy and lovely to have around.

1E6B6566-3610-493F-8137-425412492CBC.jpeg8FD8B5FD-AD93-4852-9A01-782FA2C22FCA.jpeg6268BCF4-C75F-49F2-9419-A7FF5FA951DF.jpeg

Fin with the dentist -

We also accompanied the new boy on his first ride out, we struggled to keep up though! ? Fin didn’t seem to mind however!