Finadine - how long does it last

Gemsie

Visit site
Hi All,
Some of you may have seen my posts in Vets re my colicy old chap.

He was cow kicking again tonight and generally looking pretty uncomfortable and so I rang the vets and asked if I should give him bute or finadine - they advised finadine so gave him a full syringe.

He is much happier although still cow kicking occasionally - my question is how long will it last - and how long does it take to kick in?

Having exhausted all other options open to me - have decided to whack him on gastroguard tomorrow as suspected ulcers is pretty much my last option - I cant get him scoped as have transport issues both in regards that my driver is away, and my old chap is a bad traveller.

Anyone used it? How did you get on?

I know its expensive but worth a shot - apparantly in a day or two i will be able to see it making a difference.

I am desperate to make my boy happy again!

Thanks all

Gem

Gemsie

Visit site
Hi there,

Yes he has had full bloods done and everything there is normal, with an internal exam everthing is normal.

I have just popped out to have a look at him and he is nice and quiet now having a snooze.

I know its mega expensive but feel the gastroguard is worth a try,

Thanks all

Gem

vetsbestfriend

Visit site
Sorry to hear he is still uncomfortable with Colic.

Injection Fynadine can last for up to 24 hours. I have used sachets before and advised 1 per day i.e to give up to 24 hour cover.

Hope things settle down soon for you both. If it is any consolation, I spent the whole night at the yard last Thursday night as my boy had a bout of colic and was too uncomfortable still at 10 pm to chance leaving him alone the night. I sat in the car and got out every hour to check him.

Keeping fingers crossed for you. X

ofcourseyoucan

Visit site
gastrogard works out at nearly a grand a month. POM only. there are vets with mobile scopers to see if he has ulcers? i would talk to your vet for a full assessment and scope or referrql to a mobile scoper!

kellyeaton

Visit site
I have only had my girl injected with finadine some days it would last eight hours some times 12 hours i surpose it is how bad the pain is!x