Final Furlong Racing Ltd

justabob

Visit site
Here we go again, another fraudulent sanctuary for our out of training racehorses. Emaciated horses seized by WHW in an emaciated state from a run down yard.

Michen

Visit site
Ohhh there is so much drama surrounding that. Sadly the owner has friends on all the groups so any mention of it gets it deleted. She professes she voluntarily gave them up to WHW due to her poor health, yet she has been dealing cobs for the last few months.... Funny that.

Charlie007

Visit site
Flipping heck. Can't trust anyone. That's terrible
As for Kate Thurston, better not say what I think but very intrigued as to where she gets her horses from???!!

lula

Visit site
Also seems to have a friend called Katie Thurston.

whenever i hear that name why do i think, dodge?

Really sad about FF though. I always thought they were one of the best. Above all its sad for the thousands of ex racers that NEEDED a place like this.

She's let those horses down.

jofwigby

Visit site
A statement from WHW / RSPCA would be great for transparency on what happened here - another lesson in never donating etc to anything other than Registered Charities or those that you know personally.

Equi

Visit site
Registered or not you can't trust anyone. If you can't find a home yourself or retrain by someone you personally know pts. I doubt the horses are sold for much of anything. Too many horses in the country.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Plus on the Final Furlong website, they advertise hay for sale.

**** 2015 – 2016 Hay & Straw Orders ****

Now that we’ve started cutting and baling we are taking pre-orders for this seasons hay. Discounts for order over 100 bales and FREE delivery within 60 miles of PE7 Farcet area.

Brilliant hay, our fussy TB’s gorge on it all year long. Free from weeds and not dusty so no need to soak. Straw will be ready when we start harvest in a few weeks time, we always sell out before Xmas so get your orders in!
£3.50 per bale

Hestons and Rounds also available to order. Drop us a text/call 07742 682901 or 07476311963 (HAY ONLY – not for me or horses!)

Poor horses. People talk the talk, and others understandably get fooled. It takes a real wrong 'un to starve animals when there is a plentiful supply of food available. Hope all horses are now safe and accounted for.

char3479

Visit site
Has anyone heard anything more about this? The alleged events are disgraceful, but I'm trying to remain objective until something official happens or WHW make a statement.

portgl

New User
Visit site
Hi all, I used to have a horse on loan from Final Furlong but unfortunately had to give him back. Myself and his owner have been desperately trying to find out any info we can about him in the past few weeks. WHW and RSPCA aren't saying much (possibly due to legal reasons?) but I recieved an email from the WHW.
email_zpsgieqwyzl.jpg

Also I recieved a phone call from Justin Stubbs the officer in charge of the case from RSPCA who told me the horses that have been taken from FF are doing well in their care.
Also posted on AJ Bernie's facebook yesterday evening was that the yard was being tested for strangles. It is also not her yard as she lead people to believe she is only a livery.
There is a Facebook group called 'Final Furlong, Where are they now?' which is putting together a list of horses who are known to be safe, horses that have been pts and horses that are missing.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Also I recieved a phone call from Justin Stubbs the officer in charge of the case from RSPCA who told me the horses that have been taken from FF are doing well in their care.
I hope that you are able to trace the horse that you used to loan. Be aware, however, that the RSPCA have form in giving assurances that horses are alive and well when, in fact, they have had them PTS as unrehomable.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/peel-arab-horses-rescued-rspca-put-down-511288

portgl

New User
Visit site
I hope that you are able to trace the horse that you used to loan. Be aware, however, that the RSPCA have form in giving assurances that horses are alive and well when, in fact, they have had them PTS as unrehomable.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/peel-arab-horses-rescued-rspca-put-down-511288

Thank you. He is still on the FF yard, me and the owner are working to get him back but the yard has just been put on quarantine due to suspected strangles. Hopefully will be back with us in a few weeks being spoilt rotten!

I am swear of 4/5 FF horses that were put down after owner had been told they had been homed happily. :/