Final goodbyes

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
Well it's done, and apart from the rain it went as well as it could have done and was very peaceful, the vet was wonderful as was the lovely man who takes them away. The start of this has been running around my head for weeks now so here is my poem for my horse.

It's not that I don't love you
I know you know that's true
And though it breaks my heart in two
I do this thing for you

I will not let you suffer
I won't let you feel pain
And so I send you off to sleep
Till we can meet again

Raffles May 1987 to Feb 2016.

So just left with Sven the Shetland who has a temporary companion until I decide what to do next.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounded as though he was a very well loved and had the most wonderful life with you. Your poem is making me tearful reading it - beautiful.

Sending you hugs and strength at this difficult time.

R.I.P. Raffles x

PolarSkye

Visit site
Well it's done, and apart from the rain it went as well as it could have done and was very peaceful, the vet was wonderful as was the lovely man who takes them away. The start of this has been running around my head for weeks now so here is my poem for my horse.

It's not that I don't love you
I know you know that's true
And though it breaks my heart in two
I do this thing for you

I will not let you suffer
I won't let you feel pain
And so I send you off to sleep
Till we can meet again

Raffles May 1987 to Feb 2016.

That's beautiful - and so is your heart.

P

Gixxernic

Visit site
Such a difficult decision to make but lots of lovely happy memories to keep with you ❤️ To have him that long and give him a happy healthy life!

Sven

Visit site
Not so good, sleep is evading me so completely exhausted. Sven the Shetland is not really enjoying his new field companion, it's only temporary until I sort out what to do next. Just feel completely bereft, as I am sure you do too PolarSkye. At least I had a day or so to plan and say goodbye. I cannot begin to know how devestated you must be, such a shock for you. I think we think it would be easier if it wasn't left to us to make the decision, but after hearing your news I am not so sure about that. Good luck with your "recovery" we will get there in time I am sure xx